List the three guys you don't want in the 1st round?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NinjaSTEVE37

NinjaSTEVE37 Camp Fodder

1) Konz - IMO DeCastro is the only interior Oline worthy of a 1st round pick (atleast 20th overall). Hopefully we are able to grab one of the last remaining good OC in free agency. If not I think that there can be an OC that can be drafted in middle rounds that will be able to come in and take Amano's spot and send him to the bench (where he belongs).

2) Any WR - any receiver not named Justin Blackmon has some risks involved. Risks you do not want attached to your first round pick. Our WR core is decent/solid, and I see us adding a rookie in the middle rounds, just would hate to see us take a shot with our 1st rounder on a position that isn't exactly a concern.

3) Poe - guy is a workout freak of nature, but why did his on field performance not reflect his ridiculous combine numbers? Once again, I just feel its too risky. Mock "experts" don't even know where to place the guy, he is all over the board in recent mocks. The kid has huge potential to be a star, as well as disappear like he did at times in college. Too risky IMO.

If any of the above guys/position are on our radar, I would love to just trade back and get some extra picks. Very deep O/D line class this year and we could select quality guys in rounds 2-4.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Hmmmm I would have to say...

Upshaw- I feel like theres more hype here than anything. And his poor combine performance didn't help

Poe-I'm always weary of guys whose stock rises solely on their combine performance. He was about the 6th ranked DT on the board before the combine because of what the "experts" saw on the tape..now he's ranked first?

Devin Still-Stock has done nothing but go south...no thanks..

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Vince Young, Andre Woolfolk, Derrick Morgan.

Oh, too late.

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Konz, Poe, Janoris Jenkins.

These guys are all overrated right now. I also don't think WR is anywhere close to a position of need right now, so I wouldn't draft one early this year(apart from Blackmon).

I just watched some Devon Still game tape. All the sudden, I wouldn't be mad if we drafted him in the 1st.

My top 10 draft picks for us goes: 1)Decastro, 2)Barron, 3)Mercilus, 4)Perry, 5)Still, 6)Cox, 7)Glenn, 8)Brockers, 9)Hightower, 10)Kirkpatrick. These picks are assuming players like Blackmon, Couples, or Claiborne don't fall to us.

I will be upset if we have one of my top 5 picks on the board and we draft from the bottom 5. I will be extremely upset if we draft one of my 3 DON'T TOUCH guys.

5. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Curry, Mercilus, and Kirkpatrick

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Ashlon Jefferys -- This dude is the next Mike Williams. Jefferys is to heavy and slow; he was to afraid to run at the combine because he knew that it would hurt his stock.

Michael Bockers -- Hmm. An LSU defensive tackle that is riseing on everyone'ss draft boards despite being a one year wonder. I'll pass. I've seen that before.

Janoris Jenkins -- I'd dislike any pick that isn't a DE, DT, or OC because we need to renforce our trenches. Jenkins in particular gives me thoughts of Adam Jones.

My top ten are: 1) David Decastro 2) Detrie Poe 3) Devin Still 4) Courtney Upshaw 5) Quinton Couples 6) Whitney Mericlus 7) Peter Konz 8) Fletcher Cox 9) Nick Perry 10) Mark Barron

7. Titans1981

Titans1981 Practice Squad

Brockers, Alshon Jeffrey, and Kendall Wright

8. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Brockers, Aslshon Jeffrey, Poe

9. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

1. Janoris Jenkins - Too much bagagge in a draft where there is plenty of talented corners.

2. Alshon Jeffrey - Too big and too slow. If he could do anything good it would be catching the ball. That is not enough to justify him being picked that early.

3. Peter Konz - A guy I was high on early but every time I research him I see too many negatives. Durability is a big issue. Strength is another concern. If the guy is injured frequently hes not worth #20.

My top 10:
    1. David DeCastro
    2. Cordy Glenn
    3. Stephon Gilmore
    4. Whitney Mercilus
    5. Quinton Coples
    6. Mark Barron
    7. Fletcher Cox
    8. Zach Brown
    9. Dre Kirkpatrick
    10. Michael Brockers

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

1) Konz - Not worth it at 20
    2) Curry - He may become a good pro but isn't worth that risk at 20
    3) Poe - Probably won't be at 20, but a major bust alert nonetheless

I'm hoping for Perry as 1a) and 1b) is Mercilus.

I don't want ANY WR at 20. I don't want Brockers or Jenkins either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar