List the three guys you don't want in the 1st round?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

OK, let's put this down on record. Reading the posts over the last couple of months it's clear we all have varying opinions on players. I think all of we regular posters have had quite a few disagreements with other fans about who the top players are. Anyway here are the 3 guys who I think will be busts; players that if taken may force me to punch my TV.

In no particular order:

Michael Brockers, DT, LSU - Zero burst off the ball and extremely slow. Entering the league at 22 for the money. 5.3, 40 at the combine and only 19 reps. Some of you will say "who cares you don't have to be fast to play DT" wrong, speed is the most important aspect for any player regardless of position. I just don't see him as being a force as a pass rusher from the inside and in the first round that is an absolute must. This guy screams bust to me, but hey, it's just my opinion.

Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama - Very good player but not all world. His off the field issues and character concerns take him off my 1st round board altogether. Busted for a gang fight, twice for marijuana possession and has three kids from two different women. Nuff said.

Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina. Overweight and lazy, he is extremely slow on tape. The one thing you must be able to do as and NFL receiver is gain separation and he can't do that vs. College level players. Still has not ran a forty to my knowledge but when he does I bet he won't break 4.6.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Agree with everyone except the Alshon Jeffery pick..

Replace Alshon with Kendall Wright and we are talking.

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Well play along then, gimme your 3. I like Wright personally, but they are different players for sure. I'd rather have Wright as a slot than Jeffery as a starting outside receiver.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

3 players I DONT want: Whitney Mercilus, Nick Perry, Peter Konz

3 players I DO want: Janoris Jenkins, Kendall Wright, Mark Barron

5. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Mercilus, Poe, and Brockers.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

3 I absolutely don't want are Mercilus, Curry nor Jenkins.

3 I'd be more than happy to take @ #20 are Perry, Barron, or Konz. I'd even be ok with taking Michael Floyd if all the good defensive players are gone.

I think that there will be a solid player on the board when we pick I'll only be pissed if we reach and take a DE just because we need them.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

1. Melvin Ingram
    2. Janoris Jenkins
    3. Peter Konz

8. Stan

Stan Infinite

1. Mercilus - At our pick the only Dlineman that is attractive to me is Ingram, but I think that he'll be gone. He's a real playmaker

2. Kendall Wright - I mean he's pretty fast I guess, but I just don't see the burst or speed on the field that really separates him from others. And he was playing against pretty weak defenses for the most part.

3. Alshon Jeffrey - Awesome hands but doesn't get any separation at the college level, and won't be able to out muscle people in the NFL to separate. Most importantly, he is lazy which is displayed simply by being overweight.

Overview - I have no clue where the Titans go in the first round, it's a complete toss up. Makes this draft much more exciting than the past draft where we were pretty certain a QB was coming. Hopefully we go BPA though and don't reach based on need because that's where teams seem to get burned.

9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Jenkins
    Jeffrey
    Burfict - 1st round talent.... 7th grade brain...

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Really doubt we would even give a serious thought about going WR in the 1st.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar