List 3 guys that will ruin our draft if selected

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I find it interesting that the true legit beast in this draft is the guy who will ruin our draft. Why is he too big and too fast and played too dominantly in 2 bowl games?

I know he blocks too many kicks and knocks down too many passes. Wouldn't want that.

Let's not take the randy moss guy but rather jump in and get the Kevin Dyson guy. Brilliant!

"didn't improve from Jr-SR"

Do you realize how many great players in the nfl did not improve in their last season? Dan Marino?

Julius Peppers went from 15 sacks and 24 tfl to 9.5 sacks and 19 tfl. You wouldn't have drafted him?

Dunlap is about the same size as Peppers but faster. Just the kind of guy to ruin our draft!

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I totally disagree withxpmar9x about drafting a DT.

A big athletic DT would allow us to move Jones outside. A big athletic DT would require a double team on most plays which allows our faster more athletic linemen to make more plays.

One could argue that there are no defensive ends(aside from dunlap) that would be an improvement over Hayes, Jones and Ford. I agree with that. So getting another stud inside who eats up blockers and stops the run might be the better option and this is a draft loaded with good DTs.

Nice post Bongo re DTs.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Not sure what Dunlap slipped in to your drink, but the guy's probably the most risky 1st rounder available.

Let him be someone else's problem. (probably the Raiders. Seems like their type of "athlete")

Watch him on tape. He looks like he doesn't even want to play football 70% of the time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

#1 Jason Pierre Paul - I keep wondering why he is the #1 DE on almost every board I see. What do these draft guru's see in him that makes him a 1st rounder? This guy has no experience. You don't draft for potential in the first round! You get someone who can come in and start from day 1. If he's there in the 4th, yeah I'd consider it, but give me someone like Graham, who played through his senior year, with a high motor over someone with more potential any day.

#2 (a very distant 2) - Carlos Dunlap - Off the field issues are scary as well as his lack of effort. You can't coach someone to have a good work eithic.

#3 Taylor Mays - I wouldn't take him until at least the 3rd round. He's fast and atheletic but that's about it. More of an athelete than a football player.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Lol....

No, he's not dominant in most of the games he plays in because he doesn't play to his talent level most of the time. He doesn't work hard to get better. He gets more of his sacks playing DT so why would we draft him to be a dominant pass rushing DE? He never put up a monster season even though he's arguably the most talent DE to come out in a while. He's so focused on football he got himself suspended for a BIG game.

LOL...I didn't say it was the ONLY reason not to draft a guy...but it's not a good sign. More importantly, both Marion and Peppers had MONSTER years at least once in college. Where is Dunlap's? Dunlap's BEST season is worse than Peppers last season. Point being...Dunlap has not put it together for even one college season and you think making him a millionaire is gonna all of a sudden make him work much harder than he ever did in college? Did that work for AH?

Yeah, an all potential little priduction for his talent kind of guy with little work ethic, motivation, polish, maturity, or improvement. Great talent but we're unlikely to see it realized. If Meyer can't get it out of him, you think we will?

And FYI...please stop comparing Dunlap to Peppers. And here's why...

Peppers had...
    30.5 sacks to CD's 19.5
    53 tackles for loss to CD's 26
    167 tackles to CD's 84
    5 interceptions to CD's 0
    2 fumble recoveries to CD's 2
    5 forced fumbles to CD's 2
    13 passes deflected to CD's 8
    43 quarterback hurries to CD's ?
    returned 2 interceptions and 1 fumble for tds to CD's 0

CD blocked 4 kicks to Pepper's 0

Peppers was a beast. Dunlap only played like one every once in awhile. He has the talent to be Peppers, but why would he start now? The difference between being a top 5 pick and dropping into round 2 is millions and millions of dollars. If the money and a tough coach in Meyer couldn't do it, why would he change after getting paid?

Say no to Dunlap in round 1!

Gut

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Um, Brown was doubled most of the time allowing our DE's to be blocked one v one a large % and what did that do for us? Ford and Hayes are unknowns in starting roles at this point. Kicking Jones outside doesn't mean he'll have the same effectiveness as OT's won't be at such an athletic disadvantage...so again, an unknown as to how effective he'd be.

Is Dunlap guaranteed to outperform any starting DE? I doubt he walks in and is a dominant pass rusher and he could have a year a lot like Marks...pretty nonexistent.

Gut

7. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Joe Haden-His D line made him better

Dunlap-Jail.Drugs ect....

Graham-OverRated.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Graham was the only person playing defense on his team.

I'd say he's very underrated with that being known.

9. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Well your michigan fan and I'm a south Florida fan.

I could say the same excact thing about JPP.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Huh?

How could you say that about JPP who had Selvie - much BETTER colle pass rusher - on the other side. JPP had every advantage to dominate...his size/speed/athleticism, Selvie being the focus, and JPP playing against the weaker pass blocking RT's most of the time...

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar