Linebackers situation is bleak

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

oh no, Fokou flies around all over the place. Remember the Colts game? All over the place.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

The locker room didn't quit. Fitz hasn't quit. Can't really tell with the OL/RB's. The receivers haven't quit (except maybe Hunter/Williams). Casey hasn't quit. The DB's haven't quit. Fokou hasn't quit, he just isn't very good.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'm not saying they quit, its fairly obvious in most cases, no one has quit.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Agreed. But I wonder how much the scheme changed with Williams which impacted their responsibilities. It could be they are being asked to do more and a lack of experience/talent gets exposed.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Keep in mind while criticizing Zach Brown, he's been hurt all year with a bruised knee.

As for Ayers, yea WTF is going on with that guy?

McCarthy and Fokou have done exactly what I expected. Fokou is slow and smart, while McCarthy is young and explosive. Combined they would make an awesome MLB. Anybody want to do surgery?

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Sheesh this is some crazy over reactions. The LBs are gonna be fine people. We were balling out last year. Then new coach and everyone becomes invisible... Something happened. Chill.

Just cuz these looney tune coaches bench someone doesn't mean jack ****. They don't know what the hell they are doing anyways. Buncha bums. They are the sole reason we are in this mess. Webster has been able to find great talent at every level. But these coaches don't know how to apply it.

7. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

i would love to see Brown and Gooden on the field with all that speed at the same time but not until next season, dont need any cheap wins

8. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Brown was complaining about lack of snaps to the media after the Denver game. He was questioning the coaching staff's decisions regarding the defensive rotation in that game. I get the mentality, keep the D fresh against Peyton who will control the clock and drive the ball. The only problem is that it didn't work. He's probably pissed and disappointed, but that is no excuse for having a bad attitude. In any profession you have to keep that PMA going. That does make me worry about him in the future. When things aren't going your way you work harder, not quit and whine about it!

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I KNOW that many on this board vastly underrates how much positional coaching matters! The current HC of the team I coach for was a DL coach at Wagner and the immediate impact he had on our players was unbelievable.

And regarding the LBs, it is my opinion that our players ARE talented, but misused. Some of the problems also have to do with our DL scheme in my opinion, but that's a separate subject.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

If NFL players can't get motivated to play on their own, they shouldn't be NFL players. It's that simple.

Coaching can clearly make a huge difference in scheme, but that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about effort.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar