Lifelong Memphis Resident Looking To Move To Nashville With Family And Looking For Advice

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mike75, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I'm wanting to move my family to a better place and i thought Nashville would be great. Can anyone give me advice on Nashville. The good,bad and ugly. What places are good and what do i need to avoid. I pay around 700 dollars a month rent where i'm living now here. I just want a better place for my kids. I want to live in a decent area where i don't have to worry about looking over my shoulder when i walk down the street afraid someone is going to mug me or my family. I've thought about it long and hard and i'm ready to move by next summer when i get money saved.
    It will also be nice to attend more games being that we only get to attend one game a year due to living far away.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

This is like the shortest post you've ever written.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

lol

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

honestly. Just move and anywhere would be better than Memphis

but to answer your question. Thats gonna be low rent in Nashville so I would suggest South Nashville or LaVergne in Rutherford county

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Gonna be tough to find anywhere in Nashville for $700 a month. Like pretty much impossible. If that's your rent, you will basically be living in a crime stricken neighborhood with major issues.

West and East Nashville seem to be the cheapest, and you'll see why.

You could probably find a place further south outside of Nashville that's in a nice area and affordable. Almost everywhere south of the city is pretty nice, to be honest.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah at 700 a month, you're going to be just as bad off as you are in Memphis.

You could try Antioch? It's a bit rougher, but not too far out.

I'm in West Nashville for around 925 a month... 2 BR apartment. I like it though- and like West Nashville over East.

East is awesome if you live on the right street- but it's too hard to get a feel for the neighborhoods IMO.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

I thought everyone in Memphis who didn't like Memphis lived in Germantown.

Don't live in Davidson County if possible.

8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I can pay higher thats just what i've been paying here. I see the average price of rent is 250 to 300 bucks higher in Nashville. I'm fine living outside the city and county if possible.

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

For that money ( or close to it) try Rutherford County. Depends on what you want also, if you want a Urban center then you might want Nashville....if you want a situation not like that then try Rutherford county, as stated LaVergne would be about that as far as rent goes but it is really close to Nashville. You could try Cheatham county or Dickson County if you want a more Rural setting.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If you aren't set on living in the city, which by this post I assume you aren't, consider mt Juliet or Hendersonville. Nice people low crime, way too many cops in hville. Good public schools as well.

I'd recommend Murfreesboro but it's been a while since I've been there so id let someone more familiar comment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar