Lewan Fails Drug Test. Suspended Four Games

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

He already stated that he used the league's system of hotline/barcode scanning to verify that the product was approved by the league.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

But he hasn’t said which product it was. Until he does I will remain skeptical. Not to say the NFLs list can’t be flawed but I would hope they don’t have products from companies with a “side-business” in steroids or other drugs that are considered PE.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

A lot of the supplement companies (even very reputable ones) produce products that are on the banned list. Not everything on the list is illegal steroids. There's plenty of hormone, testosterone, and other enhancements that these companies produce that are not illegal for normal consumers, but are on the banned list.

That list is extremely expansive, so I can certainly buy that he got a tainted supplement.

I 100% believe he did not knowingly ingest something that was on the banned list. There's just no reason for Lewan to do that. It's not like he's coming off a big injury and was trying to get back to form. He's in the prime of his career, just got paid big money, coming off a pretty good year for himself, and athletically one of the top 3 most talented tackles in the league. There's just no reason for him to really take a chance on some product that could possibly get him in trouble.

It is completely possible that he took the wrong thing or took a tainted supplement though. He's still responsible for what goes into his body, but if he did what he was supposed to do, checked the product with the league, and followed their protocol, then I feel bad that he got popped.

It's pretty much impossible for him to prove his innocence though, so I'm to the point of accepting that he'll be gone for the first 4 games.

5. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

If he tests his supplements that were on the approved NFL list and they come back tainted... he might get a reduction at least.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

If he still has them, yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar