Lewan Fails Drug Test. Suspended Four Games

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Lewan Interview Key Points Today:
    • he's gonna release the supplement info when the test results come back
    • he got tested in april and passed but then in may he didnt pass, same supplements
    • supplements he was taking were for inflamation and brain health specifically
    • amount found in his system was too low to even gain the benefits of the illegal substance
    • used the nfl's provided documentation and tools to verify the supplements (apparently there is a 1-800 # and an app also to scan barcodes)
    • doesnt sound like he thinks he will get it reduced (although he will appeal), and doesnt plan to try to push it back a few weeks purposely with an appeal (although it could happen)
    • same supplement that was tainted for the clemson players last season
    jon robinson also came on next and said lewan had documentation from the supplements

#101 VondyP, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Seems like grounds to have the suspension reduced to me

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Thaddeus43

Breaking news ... there was a mix up at the NFL drug testing lab. Lewans sample was mixed up with Andrew Luck. Luck will now be recieving the suspension

• LOL LOL x 6
  4. VondyP

the way the rule reads, there is basically no chance it gets reduced. players are liable for what goes into their bodies, period.

5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

If the third party test results show that a supplement approved by the nfl contained it, you would think so. But they don't have to be held accountable for anything so it's unlikely

6. VondyP

the way i understand it the nfl (and teams) dont "approve" supplements, they say "yep, you should be okay with this because it doesnt contain (whatever)". but if the next batch you get has trace amounts of (whatever) in it, say maybe that illegal supplement was run in the same machine in the batch before and wasnt thoroughly cleaned, you'd be ****ed.

unless you are literally testing each individual batch you receive/use, you are susceptible. and they will actually do this but im sure it aint cheap.

7. Thaddeus43

NFL shouldn’t be suspending guys for trace amounts of substances

8. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

color me surprised. we never go into training camp or start the season smoothly

9. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Dude, you are fooling your self if you don’t think bigger faster and stronger matters in football. I don’t really care about which sport it impacts more, but your logic as to why here seems flawed to me.

10. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I'm not saying it doesn't matter, and I'm not saying players should be allowed to use PED's. All I'm saying is the reason that cycling bans people for 2 years and football for 4 weeks is that taking PED's doesn't automatically make you a better football player. It does make you a better cyclist though.

• Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar