Let's Talk AFC south

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

MJD might be a stud but they are still the same old Jags.

Jags:

Still do not have a QB, have a new coaching staff, lost one of there starting S. They have not answered the WR ?. No matter what there fans say they have not improved, and with there marketing department saying they need to sell out or look for a new town I think they are going to stumble pretty hard. Could even see them falling to last in the division and talks of a move to LA getting really loud. 6-10 (remember the Texans own them for some reason)

2. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

it dont matter who the texans start @ qb cuz if they aint got a line theyre gonna choke <i>again

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Oh God now I have a craving for Chocolate Chip cookies.... but seriously I think LenDale will be fine, we don't need a stud like LT or LJ to be successful. I mean the Colts made it with Rhodes and Addai, the Bears made it to the big dance in large part with Benson. No, I'm more worried about WR, because we don't know the health of Givens or the development of Roby, Williams and Orr (and now Gage).

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The Colts will rule the roost for another season.

The Jags are doomed by their QB options. You can cover many holes with good supporting players but a problem QB isn't an easy fix. The Jags front office sre blind to their QB issues.

We have a good draft & 2nd place is ours.

Should the Texans concentrate on their D in the draft they could make a big improvement IMO. Mario Williams was a bad pick at #1 but he is still going to be a great DE. Ryans was possibly the best defensive player drafted last year.

If they try & plug holes accross the team the individual units will all continue to struggle. Their D only needs 2-3 more playmakers to become an effective unit.

Historically though,their front office has messed up every opportunity they've had to move forward. Based on that I pick them for last place again.

5. We need to have a good draft, pick the players who can contribute from the start of the season, and with the talent we've got, 2nd place looks more predictable than last year...

Texans will improve from poor to averagely poor...

I think the Colts will play the best out of the 4 but won't be dominant if you know what I mean...

Jags have a few too many holes to fix...

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

close games

heres an interesting stat ive been following since week 1 of the regular season.

Losses By Points

By 1 point- 2 games
    By 2 points-0 games
    By 3 points- 1 game
    By 7 points- 1 game
    By a touchdown or more- 4 games

some of these games we were dominating til the 2nd half, i can think of two, Baltimore and Indy game 1, we had a 26-7 lead against Baltimore and blew it because we tried to cottle Vince Young, same with the colts game 1, we were up 14-3 and it was a defensive battle to that point but we cottled him and played not to loose. Look for us not to play the same way next season, we will be better at closing out victories and be a 10-6 team.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Tennessee 10-6
    Indianapolis 10-6
    Jaxonville 6-10
    Houston 5-11

8. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

i like that i think the colts will hit the hangover

9. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

could the colts hit the superbowl hangover?

i think the superbowl hangover is a real thing not only for the winning team but the loser as well. Look at the eagles a couple of years ago, look at the steelers. right after the superbowl they choked. i think the patriots are the only team immune to the hangover. It would be nice to see the colts hit some injuries and go like 7-9 next year.
    wat do yall think?

10. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Colts 11-5
    Texans 9-7
    Titans 8-8
    Jags 7-9

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar