Let's talk about Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

That throwing motion is MESSED UP.

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

The year of the QB? lolwut

3. 24

24 Starter

Completely agree. I would High Five you, but I can't for some reason. I initially posted about 4 months ago that Kaep's release could be a tell for defenses. But, the more film I've watched, the more I've come to realize his overall release is fairly quick. However, he loses lots of arm strength on deep passes due to the release. And, I'm really loving his 37 Wonderlic.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He's just not a good player.

He's yet another "looks like a QB" type. Being 6'6 and lanky... then the slight ability to run does NOT make you a good QB.

I was the first to post about Kaepernick on this forum that I know of... and found out within 1 game that I would NEVER want him anywhere near my favorite pro team... well, unless he's starting for the opposing team.

He's bad. He can barely handle snaps half the time...

He's basically the most generic version of Vince Young possible. All the same question marks... but none of the talent.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Here we go with the black QB = Vy comparisons again. Kaepernick scored about 30 points higher on his wonderlic.

Delivery is a major problem and despite good size, athletic ability and a great arm he is not worth more than our 4th rd pick.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Not a fair or accurate statement by any means. This is flat-out wrong.

Kaepernick is much smarter and the reports are that he's a very hard worker and very reliable.

As for talent, Kaepernick has a better arm than Young and roughly comparable rushing ability, so I have no idea how you can claim he has "none of the talent."

7. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

throwing 242 yards.... and the guy just took a step or two to catch it?
    wowie...

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You are way off mark here. He has a tremendous amount of natural ability and he handled snaps from center in the Senior Bowl about as well as anyone. In fact he handled playing in that pro set just fine for only having one week of prep. He looks better right now than Newton at taking snaps from center.

I do agree he is a lot like VY in a positive way. If this kid had landed at TX or another top football school he could have easily been much more highly regarded and one of the top QBs in the nation and there is a reason he is moving up draft boards.

He has a very strong arm and is accurate. Sure he has some work he needs to do to become good at the next level but that is true of all the QBs. Even the comment about his "slight" running ability is a joke. Outside of Newton he is the best running QB in the draft.

9. DMeade-

DMeade- Camp Fodder

Hello soxcat...fancy meeting you here

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yep zero talent with this kid.

He's the ONLY QB in college football to have passed for over 10,000 yards and rushed for 4,000.

He's the ONLY QB in college football to have passed for over 2,000 yards and rushed for over 1,000 in 3 consecutive seasons.

You make some of the dumbest comments I honestly can't wrap my head around how ignorant that statement is. Easy to say no talent form your comfy couch while he dominated D1 college football regardless of his offensive system or conference he played in.

4 year starter
    Completion % improved every year (over 60% his senior year) something your #2 QB Locker failed to ever due.
    Never threw more than 8 int in a season
    Threw for over 7 ypa twice and 8 ypa twice
    41 TD senior year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar