Let's talk about Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Exactly Ponder has no arm strength and durability concerns. He would completely take away Britt and Nate's ability to stretch the field along with Moss if he stays.

Kaepernick was a 4 year starter that improved every year. He has arm strength second to only Mallett and completed 65% of his passes for 8.42 ypa along with 21 TD to 8 INT. He also rarely gets sacked and his ability to run is a bonus.

2. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i think this is starting to become my new favorite thread.... cant wait to see him in the combine..

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm not really a combine guy. You already know what to expect and it's not even game situation.

4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Exactly correct, for these QBs, their interviews with coaching staffs and GMs during the combine will be more important then what they show in the skill sets there. Personally I think too much emphasis is put on performance at the combine, and too little on actual film.

Edit: I should note that I plan on watching the QB portion of the combine, mainly to see what adjustments Locker has been able to make with his feet to gain more accuracy. I am also interested in seeing Ponder's arm strength. But again, their interview process is the most important thing for them.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. The Playmaker

Besides Newton, I think Kaepernick has the highest ceiling.

Positives:
    Great size
    4.4 speed
    Great arm strength
    Good accuracy
    Nice touch
    Smart
    Good intangibles
    Very athletic
    Can pass in the pocket or on the run
    Keeps eyes down field when on the move

Negatives:
    System QB
    Weak conference
    ???

I know that's not all of them but that's just off the top of my head. If you look at the negatives the conference competition has never factored into who can actually play or not. He may be a system QB but a year on the bench learning our playbook and taking reps in practice will do wonders.

6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

pretty much a newton... just need to delete smart and weak conference.. and you got him

7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Nice post..and it is exactly why I have him rated over Cam Newton.....his intagibles, and the fact that we can get him in round 2 after taking an impact defensive player in round 1.

8. The Playmaker

Don't forget intangibles haha

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Only QB's I would want to see us take are Newton(flame away) if we take a QB round 1 I don't like that Gabbert has 6.71 YPA which pretty pathetic even though that is what the offense was built around. That isn't even what scares me about him it is all the people saying his pocket presence is pretty bad which is a tough thing to teach.

Round 2 Kaepernick, Locker, or Dalton otherwise mine as well not even draft someone.

If we take Ponder or Mallett I will cry.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Heaven forbid you look at the big picture... or do something as daring as 'analyze'. Ponder was also destroyed by a terrible o-line and who is he throwing to? Name one. Off the top... go for it.

Stanzi is a MUCH better prospect than Newton or Kaepernick. Kaepernick can't even handle snaps half the time.

Ponder was smart. Dink and dunk is what works. Brady, Manning, etc... masters of dink/dunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwtFkDMbl2w

There's a 40 yard pass and looked easy.

How many times in the NFL are you going to put the ball in the air further than that??

This is why you and others get completely lost when it comes to QB prospects and love guys like Cam Newton, Jamarcus Russell, Kyle Boler, Jimmy Clausen, etc... you think "MAN HE CAN THROW REALLY REALLY FAR!!! ESPN LIKES HIM!"....

and that's it. That's the depth of your analysis. Which is why you'll be wrong on Newton and Kaepernick, and I'll be right (barring injury). Again. As usual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Jar435rnc

How about an almost 60 yard pass on the run from the sideline?

Yeah. His arm is really a problem. Let's ignore he's very smart, has very good touch, great accuracy, and can also run (since people forget)... because he can't do something that a QB might try 2 times a game.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar