Let's talk about Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

This guy is so overrated it's ridiculous. Just a bunch of dumb scouts, falling in love with the dreaded "intangibles". He reminds me of Vince Young with a stronger arm and a longer delivery. No thanks, I pray we pass on him. Oh, call me a prude, but I don't want a QB with full sleeve tattoos up his arms.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Drafting QB's, while being blinded by their intangibles and you wind up with the Vince Young's of the world. You draft QB's on production, not strictly intangibles. I just hope that this organization is not as stupid as most of you on this board are. Cam Newton/Locker/Kaepernick should be avoided at all costs. Gimme Dalton or Ponder in round 2, they will both be better pros than the "intangible boys".

3. 24

24 Starter

What intangibles? He has the strongest arm in the draft (stronger than Mallett, 59 mph to 58 mph), his overall delivery is pretty quick (even if it has a hitch), and he ran a 4.53 (second fastest among QBs). Those are all tangibles.

And, how is he like VY? VY scored a 6 on his Wonderlic, Kaep scored a 37. He needs to work on his footwork, and maybe tinker with his delivery so that he gets more power on his deep throws. Other than that, he is nothing like VY. Kaep worked hard to get where he is, he wasn't handed anything on a silver platter like VY. Tattoos? That's your argument? You're starting to sound like Deuce.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He's really bad. Scares me that people are taking him serious as a prospect.

You know it's bad when I really wanted to like the guy, but he sucked so much I couldn't help but hate him as a draft possibility.

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

I agree, thoughts on Cam?

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm not sure you understand what intangibles are.

Intangibles cannot be easily measured. They are things like intelligence, work ethic and leadership. They are not speed, arm strength, etc.

Kapernick's intangibles are nothing at all like Vince Young's. This comparison is about as far from reality as it could possibly be.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think the Kaepernick - Young comparisons come from Kaepernick's bedroom. He has a Vince Young poster over his bed, and a Vince Young Titans jersey in his closet.

8. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I TOTALLY AGREE! That being said Collin is:
    "The only player in NCAA history with more than 4,000 rushing yards and 10,000 passing yards in his collegiate career"

"In 50 games for the Wolf Pack, Kaepernick completed 720 passes in 1,238 attempts for 81 touchdowns and 23 interceptions. He also rushed 591 times for 4,090 yards and 59 touchdowns. In his last three seasons, he never threw for fewer than 20 touchdown, and more than seven interceptions."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...hutdown-40-54-Colin-Kaepernick-?urn=nfl-wp754

He was 13-1 with a big win over Boise State!

You put him up against ANY QB in the draft this year and he has comparable production (stats), measurables (strongest arm strenght and 40) AND intangibles (leadership and work ethic). What more could he do to impress you?

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Shows how much you know about Kaep if you don't know what an intangible is and you think he's a similar type of QB like VY. Tats? Really?

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Sounds pretty productive to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar