Let's say that Schwartz IS gone after this season....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titansfan256, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I don't know if it is Swartz, or we just have no talent. Even Hope blows a coverage for a TD. Are his schemes too confusing or what? The defense really broke down today...even Bulluck misses a tackle and the guy runs 34 yards for a score. KVB finally figures out McNair's rollout, but instead of batting the ball down he lowers his head and tries to tackle him. LaBoy was useless, we need a RDE in the worst way. If AH was there today, we may have had more penetration, but the rush was not effective. Tullock looked pretty good at times, there is potential there. I think Pacman is throwing a temper tantrum. His coverage was decent, but his head wasn't in the game. He fumbles a punt, then lets one go down to the 10. Fisher finally benched him. On a positive note, we shut down Lewis again. Finnegan played pretty darn good. Obviously we will be picking high in the draft again, I hope we get a RDE. Look what Alex Brown did tonight against the Giants. One player can make a difference.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I really would like to keep Pacman. Because he's such a talent. But, his attitude still concerns me.

I'm not sure what can be done to "help" remedy this. But, I hope they can come up with something.

He's too good of a player to give up on.

3. Titansfan256

Titansfan256 Guest

I think it's a combination of both the players being young and inexperienced, and the system that Schwartz forces them to play under.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I just hope he's gone. Any replacement should do a better job.

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Take a look at the Redskins D, player by player. Now, from what you see and evaluate take a guess on their ranking.

Yes. Their defense suck big time. They are at least a top10 D, with the players they have, maybe better. But they just suck, ranking 30th in total yards. And more embarrasing... they've lost to the Titans.

They can keep Gregg Williams. I want Jim Johnson from Philly or Dick LeBeau.

6. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned McGinnis yet in this thread. He's got DC and head coach experience and is far more qualified than Wash. Not that I'm a big McGinnis fan, but I think he'd do better than Schwartz.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I don't want anyone on the current staff to become DC. I know McGinnis has the experience and Washburns fiesty, but there is enough evidence to make the suggestion that they COULD be part of the problem. I don't want to take that chance and have another bad DC wasting another 5 years of this franchise.

Here's what I'd be looking for...

Someone who's smart.
    Someone who runs an AGGRESSIVE D.
    Someone good at making adjustments during the game.
    Someone who knows how to use their role players (and get the most out of the talent given them).
    Someone who doesn't go conservative with a lead.
    Someone who passes the GUT check....the overall feeling whether this guy is the real deal or not and whether or not I expect he'll turn into one of the best DC's in football.

As far as guys like Jimmy Johnson, LeBeau and Williams...

Jimmy Johnson used to be in the top 3 of NFL DC's but ever since TB took them on in the NFC Championship game, he's changed. He went conservative in that game and has not been as aggressive since. He's still one of the better DC's though.

LeBeau is arguably the best DC in the game right now. He never has the most talented D but usually is fighting it out for a top 10 or even top 5 D ranking. He blitzes, uses trap coverages and we don't see the types of scheme breakdowns we see against Schwartz. That said, they have had some problems defensively this year. Even still, they are 11th in yardage given up, allow only a 3.6 rushing avg and have given up 14 TDs compared to 12 INTS...they are still a quality unit. In fact, there numbers are the kind of numbers where if the offense helped out, the D would look more dominant. I would offer LeBeau the job as DC (and assistant HC) if the new GM and Fisher are OK with running a 3-4 D.

Williams has 2 things going against him. Washington's offense can look great one game and look like a HS offense the next. Secondly, he keeps losing players. In addition, some of his 'best' players are not young and past their prime. However, he has not got the job done this year as he has in most of his career. He built our defense, Buffalo's and Washington's he he certainly has the track record. I would trust him with the job because one thing he DOES preach is accountability!

Gut

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we really arent that young. look across the board one defense. we have two guys with two years or less of experience starting, that's a very average number.

9. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Fisher has to go............its the only way JS will go.............Fish wont fire him. Chow needs to stay because VY does not need another OC to learn another system from...............Fisher is a 500 coiach and inflexible............I also would trade AH and AJ this offseason...............clean house and fresh slate. Build the O through the draft and pay for some immediate D help

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Agree with the Fish and JS comments. I think that if the organization is unhappy with Chow now, then you dump as soon as possible; it depends on what direction you go in. I don't see how anyone can be satisified with anything Chow has instilled in this offense, because it's been a big mess at times. Personal hasn't been outstanding, but playcalling seems a problem, especially in the second half. I wouldn't trade AH or AJ this offseason, especially Jones. We'd have to get a great deal for them, and that's not going to happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar