Lets Go Steelers!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

A Colts win at this point in the season is not as damaging to us as a Steelers win. Colts weren't gonna win the South anyway and a 3 game advantage (towards playoff home field) on Pittsburgh is very nice going in to the later weeks of the season..

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Don't be so sure of that.

Let me reference the 2000 NFL season when we went 13-3, and had HFA in the playoffs. Much like the Colts, Baltimore didn't do much in the first part of the season and was considered an afterthought for the Playoffs.

But, they caught fire in the last half of the season (losing on game-by one point in Nashville if I'm not mistaken) before they contunued their run into and through the NFL Playoffs (winning in Nashville) on their way to the Super Bowl.

So, don't take anything, or any team, for granted.

And, by the way, both Indy and Baltimore are not only very much alive in the playoff hunt, they're both gaining confidence. And, would, you want to play either one in the playoffs?

Especially, Baltimore.

Just ask Kerry Collins.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

chances are in week 17 we can do our part to keep them out of the playoffs if they scare us that much.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I like it!! :lol:

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree it was far more important for the steelers to lose.

If we can't hold serve on a 4 game lead with 7 games to go we are not very good after all. At this point home field advantage is my #1 concern.

The colts have proven they are now an elite afc team having beaten the ravens, pats and the steelers. In fact they can make a case for being the #2 team in the afc right now.

6. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

well, im glad to see the Steelers lose because i think they are our biggest threat in conference...at home no less!

7. T Atlas

T Atlas Guest

I'd say if it came down to our game to decide if they will make the playoffs or not, and if we have home field wrapped up, we'd rest starters and give 'em a gimme win. Sorta like last year.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i agree, but if they really send shivers down our spine like moose says they should, then we best not take any chances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar