Leodis McKelvin -- A Good Value

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Before anyone freaks out I am not talking about Leodis as a starting CB.

Leodis McKelvin is a free agent NB and return man for the Buffalo Bills. The Bills are deep at DB and return so they are going to let him walk. He fills two needs for the Titans. We need a serious improvement at NB which is a vital position. Leodis is also one of the best return guys. Meaning we can fill two needs with one roster spot. What a concept.

Mariani and Reynaud both contribute little in addition to their return abilities. Some will say Mariani looks like he can be a decent slot receiver. But he has not shown it so far. We already know Leodis us a good NB. If Mariani ends up showing he is a good receiver then great. Keep him. We can always use a backup return guy just in case.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am not sure we can afford NOT to go after someone with return skills if Frenchy leaves. I am not very comfortable with Mariani back there after that injury. This is a position that no one is talking about, and potentially the most frustrating.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

Look at how big Chris Carr was for us back in 2008. A top notch return guy and quality depth in the secondary. Losing him in 2009 was a killer. Secondary depth and the return game were the biggest weaknesses that year.

4. The Hammer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar