LenFrail:Is Lendale too skinny?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nine

Nine Starter

If Lendale had physically punishing running style, then maybe the weight loss would have a negative effect. But he doesn't. He's not a guy who's going to drop a shoulder and run someone over. His best attributes are his unusually nimble feet and his ability to read blocking and know where holes will open up. If anything, the extra weight held him back, often making him a step too slow to get through the hole before it collapsed, giving him nowhere to go.

Hopefully the slimmed down Lendale will have that extra half-step of burst, allowing him to hit the hole with a bit more momentum, before the defense has the play bottled up. And maybe some of those plays that were getting stuffed for no gain last year will result in 3-4 yard gains, creating more favorable down & distance situations for the offense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i thought this fact was made clear in the playoffs when CJ was injured. we couldnt move the ball 2 yards with lendale in the backfield....

hes average. f what ever stats youre lookin at, watch him play.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

So how did we manage to put up another 160 yards without CJ then?

You obviously didn't pay very close attention.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I watched that game yesterday as a matter of fact and I diffidently saw LenDale rumble down field for 5, 6, 7 yard gains.

5. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

he ran the ball 15 times for 45 yards, and a game ending fumble = AVERAGE

so while you may have seen a 7 yarder, tell me how many times you saw him get absolutely stuffed??? i dont have nfl network so i dont exactly remember

but i guess its all good since the titans apparently put up 160 yards and i wasnt paying attention

6. JCBRAVE

I can empathize with you on the fact that LenDale misses plenty of shots at big runs, but to say he's average is a bit of an understatement IMO. I see him as a perennial 1,000 yard rusher, even sharing carries with Chris Johnson.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

That was a single game against a team that played in the AFC championship game that year. You can't chalk up a players entire career as 'average' because of a single game against a (biting my tongue) good team. He fumbled the ball twice last year. That means for every ball Lendale fumbled he scored 45 points. 45:1 points:FUM ratio. Not average.

And btw this thread is absolutely ridiculous. All I've been reading from you haters is 'Lendale is too fat'.....'put a buffet in the endzone and he'll score every time'.....'Lendale isn't a punishing RB, he's just overweight and can fall forward'.... Now that he loses 25 lbs of fat in the offseason and comes in looking better then we've ever seen him you want to start this thread? I just cant wait for the preseason and camps so we have something better to talk about on here

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Actually, you didn't.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playb...Page=tab_play_by_play&season=2008&week=POST19

White had one rush for 5 yards, but other than that, it was either short gains (1-3) or long ones (11-12). However, he did make some decent progress for us in the passing game, with four catches for 35 yards, including one for 19.

White was fine in that game. We were moving the ball. Until those multiple turnovers just stopped our momentum, that game was clearly in our control. Heck, we had 21 first downs, compared to their 9. That's fantastic! However, it's hard to recover from four turnovers and a missed FG.

That being said, your day-to-day memory is terrible.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Dude, I hate to be this guy, but it's either upsetting, or unseating. There is no upseating.

10. JCBRAVE

You should know better than to pick apart my posts by now. But for meticulous fans such as your self I wasn't meaning he had a 5 yard carry, a 6 yard carry, a 7 yard carry. I was saying he had good chucks of yardage. The dude is better than average is what I was saying. Okay even better stat boy he had 11 & 12 yard carries. Good for you to go look up the exact numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar