Lendale's replacement?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giddyup

giddyup Starter

I like that kid; I also like the music that accompanies the highlight reel....

No LenDale fan here. Find a replacement.

2. TM

TM Starter

The Titans attended the workout of Rashard Jennings last week.

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Want to wager a pepsi on it this year TJ?

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...huh?

You're gonna give him credit for making a read and cut than any good High School RB would make? And what do you mean the right speed?

By my count...it looks like KC had 9 guys at LOS with 2 LB's. The S off the screen must have come up on the wrong side, the OL cleared a giant hole. KC had 2 defenders to fill that hole...one to Hall's inside and one to his outside. He cut blocked the inside guy, so how could White NOT make the right read? If he cuts right, he runs into a defender. If he cuts left/inside, it's daylight. And Hall completely took his guy out. So who should get the credit? White for doing what a good HS football RB would do (with better speed) or an OL and FB that caved a giant hole in the KC line and 1 or 2 KC defenders who didn't do their jobs???

Gut

5. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

By the time he got to the line of scrimmage 4 seconds had gone by, a lot happens in the line in 4 seconds so you do have to make the right read. If you take a little sidestep in any direction, the result of the play is a different one. Besides, I think what makes a player great is not an acrobatic play in the endzone and droping a pass all by himrself in the next play, but a player that is consistent play after play. I bet you many teams in the NFL would love to have a RB as productive as LW inside the 2 yard line.

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

:ha: Not surprising at all...

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...huh?

It's not like he broke off the play and made some unexpected cut. As I said, he did exactly what any good High School RB would do...go to where they are supposed to go and make their one cut away from the defender. If you watch any of the rb drills at the combine, this is basically one of them where they run to a spot and the coach shows they one side or the other and they make their cut.

I don't know how a guy is great just doing what he's supposed to do and because of other players he gets much better production. If the OL, TE and FB don't block as well...he gets 1-4 yds...with White doing exactly the same thing. When the line creates a giant hole and he runs the same way for 80 yds, the only change is how the line blocked, not how he ran the ball. So who should get the credit?

No one isn't saying every team wouldn't want his PRODUCTION inside the 2 yd line...but again, how much is LW and how much is the playcall/blocking? I've seen a lot of his runs where he runs off tackle and there is NO ONE near him. He ran to his hole and there's no defender. Is that White being a great player or great blocking?

Gut

8. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

You're right. They shouldn't bother wasting draft picks on running backs, they should just pick them off the street; with everybody else doing such a good job we don't need any talent in the position.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

According to Gut any HS RB could be productive behind our OL. I'm not sure things are that easy and although LW isn't a super star he is productive.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

You guys are funny!

I said you can't give White too much credit on that play because the OL/TE/FB did all the hard work. And you can't give White ALL the credit for his goal line production. On the runs where the blocking knocked everyone outta town...I coulda walked in.

However, the line doesn't always destroy and the goal line is not always superbly blocked...so we DO need talent. And BTW, I said any GOOD HS RB...not any rb. And yes, on THAT particular long play, any good HS RB could have ripped up big yardage or scored too. Doesn't mean White is a bad player...just that he didn't run over half the team to make an 80 yd run.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar