LenDale White to sit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by twoseven, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4andershv

4andershv Camp Fodder

You think?

2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I talked to a friend last nite, and I was asking if its really that big a deal. He played football through college, and he said its a HUGE deal. You can fight with someone, say bad things about his momma, and its forgive and forget, but spitting is an absolute no no. He said its pretty much the worst thing you can do to another player. As he said "think about it, the last time you heard about a player spitting on a guy was Bill Romanowski."

As a fan, it sucks that we wont get to see him play. But Fisher needs to take a stand on this, to prevent a rerun of last year.

3. Wow, punching a guy in the face is better than spitting.

???

???

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Exactly.

5. mdfan

mdfan Starter

To put Lendale's punishment in perpective - Last season in the Redskins / Tampa Pay playoffs Redskin Sean Taylor was ejected from the game and fined 17,000 for spitting on Tampa's Michael Pittman.

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Fine LW 17K. That'll open his eyes.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Dude I kno ur not serious but look at the UFC,Pride or boxing.After a fight bad blood is usually forgotten. Imagine if one fighter spat at another mid fight. The bad blood would never end.

:spit: :crazy: :helmet:

8. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

You know this stuff happens every year. I was watching the NFL Network one day a few weeks ago. I somehow got caught up in watching an "Inside Training Camp: Jaguars" from a few years ago. I saw a rookie spit in another guys face and then half the team ended up in a brawl in the middle of the field at midday. I would say that this "rookie spitting in faces" thing is pretty common. I would bet you that if Pacman was in camp last year, this would have happened last year with him. It's certain rooks with that "I was a higher pick than you so I'm better than you" attitude. I am guessing that a lot of the times, the person who is spat on is just giving a young teammate advice. The rook just takes it the wrong way. It may have been what happened the other day.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Could be.

Could also be that the rookie was also showing a tremendous amount of disrespect toward his teammate.

10. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

so when LenDale spits on someone he has to sit, but when Cortland Finnegan is charged with DUI he's allowed to play? kinda retarded to me..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar