Lendale White injures shoulder at practice?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Lendale closes games. This isn't good.

2. Morph

Morph Revolution

How can any Titans fan think LenDale White not playing is a good thing? Sure he doesn't usually break any 'big ones' but just being able to swap between him and CJ is a huge advantage. There's no doubt that CJ is the better/more exciting runner but with White taking a few carries, it gives Johnson a little time to rest and helps wear on the defense. Don't get me wrong, I would like to see White a little more productive but I believe he's doing his job for the time being. If he doesn't play this Sunday though then I hope Ganther will take his spot. He looked pretty good in the preseason...although it was against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Obviously we need to keep CJ as healthy as possible for 'the big plays' so swapping Ganther or Henry in White's place would be better than letting him take almost all the carries I think.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

lets let henry play. Sick the Vikings on him, see what he's made of.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Henry has a hammy doesn't he?

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

hopefully he has two.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Henry has a hammy so if lendale can't go it will be ganther. Still i see ganther getting at least 10 carries if that is the case.

7. T Atlas

T Atlas Guest

This is not a good thing. While he isn't as flashy as Chris Johnson, they keep each other fresh and he tires out the defense. He is also much more reliable and consistant. If he cannt play this sunday it will not be good.

Every time I'm on the two I am giving the ball to Lendale, not Chris Johnson. He has fought hard for those scores, often times his second effort pushes him over. Now that he comes in fresh inside the five, he has worked out to be much more effective.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm betting LenDale plays and gets the short yardage carries. I am concerned that he apparently won't be able to soften up a VERY solid front 4 for CJ. I am also concerned that less LenDale carries means more risk of fumble.

I loves me some CJ, but I hope he doesn't get more than 16-18 carries this game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I like the idea of LenDale punishing defenses. He's a big boy and he's not terribly easy to take down. He doesn't have a sexy per carry average either but he grinds out the tough yards that get the crucial first down or the score. Every now and then he gets rolling and tears off a 8-12 yard carry. That's great. I like his ability to shorten games when we have a two possession lead. No, it's not terribly exciting but the guy fits Fisher's method of operation. I'd rather see Chris Johnson running all over the place like he's Marshall Faulk too, but really, the balance the offense has achieved is really great. We've seen LenDale just as often as we have seen Johnson. They mutually benefit each other. I also don't think that the Titans offense is automatically predictable playing those two backs. Fisher may be predictable but it's not for personnel. There are plenty of things that can be done in any of the offensive sets regardless of who the back is.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm hearing he'll go. Anyone who thinks the team doesn't need him is nuts. He's improved the Titans in the red zone. He was much more effective than CJ in the first half of the Bengals game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar