Lendale White has torn hammy

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

just what we need, another injured RB

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

If we got Young and Williams, which would = SET AND MATCH, I wouldn't sweat any RB next year, Peterson included. His injuries bother me, besides.

I would then only worry about BPA next year.

3. ya he could be just another pacman which would really suck, because we dont have that offensive leadership to straighten him out

4. danny

danny Guest

I read in The Sporting News a few weeks ago the Titan were intrested in him. If he's there at the top of the second, we're going to find out just how intrested they really are.

The article mentioned the Titans envisioning him as a "Eddie George" type back that could carry a load.

5. hmm, was eddie better than lendale was in college, cause eddie didnt to to much in pro and he was a heisman in college can anyone show me some college footage of eddie?

6. danny

danny Guest

WTF ? are you serious ?

7. im talking about big time plays, i know he carried a full load and did a good job of it but he wasnt the big play guy like a reggie bush or tony dorsett and barry sanders

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

He set the new definition for workhorse back. More than Earl Campbell even if you look at the stats.

9. Not long ago, White was destined for Arizona, then he fell, and now he is in the pickings of the late 1st round.

Which, in fact, is actually a blessing

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

backs have their specialties. some are workhorses and others are playmakers. the exceptional ones are both.

eddie was the perfect fit for this team. a grind-it-out runner who controlled the clock and wore down defenses. that is something we have sorely missed the past five years.

with that said, i'm not a big fan of lendale. the reason eddie was the workhorse he was, was because of the way he took care of himself. he was one of, if not, the hardest worker on the team. he had a motivation and a drive that i don't see with lendale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar