Leftwich released?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is scary. My family is a big believer in God and Faith. I practice my faith and this is something. Just yersterday, I was saying man God give the titans a sign. Give them a sign if they can beat the Jags this sunday. Give em sign. And What you know Bryon Letfwich is released or traded, wow when I heard it was shocked. Maybe our prays have been answered maybe this is something. Maybe David Gerrard starting would help us. Here we come.

2. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

wow. Replacing a lack-luster running QB with a lackluster non-running QB. good luck falcons. goodbye michael vick, hello michael brick. and hello to going 1-0 at the beggining of the season titan fans.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Stretch.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It can't be good for a team to release its starting QB 1 week before the season opens. Jacksonville could stumble on sunday. Man I can't wait for real titans' football!!!

5. AnimatorMike

AnimatorMike Camp Fodder

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Hahaha... rough for jags fans... solidarity is not their strong suit.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

One comment out of Fisher abotu All-Tarp stadium and this will be crazy .... :grrhee:

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Leftwich obviously went to del rio and said he didn't want to be a backup. He gets paid too much to be a backup so off he will go.

It's the wrong move by del rio who should have made leftwich the main guy. Garrard would have always been there if leftwich faltered or got hurt. Leftwich is a major talent you can't lose a player like that..

Detriot seems like the place for him. Good system for him and kitna is about to turn 35. Leftwich can back kitna up this year and try to win the starting job next year. Could be a huge for leftwich's career to leave a dinosaur offense for a mike martz offense that has 2 stud WRs. Leftwich would be awseome there in 08..

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd go with Leftwich any day of the week.

Though Garrard really out played him in pre-season.

Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating
    David Garrard 47 36 456 76.6 9.7 1 2.1 0 0.0 29 3 14 113.4
    Byron Leftwich 38 19 226 50.0 5.9 1 2.6 0 0.0 38 3 19 77.3

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

They both play well in spurts but are also very inconsistent players. When the pressures on they've both shown a scary ability to implode. I really believe the QB position is why the Jags have faltered year after year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar