LeFleur doesn't have the players for his scheme..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by blacktitan, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

The issue is that C.J. Beathard can throw the ball better than our starting QB. Has more yards than him in like 3 games.

2. blacktitan

blacktitan Starter

I agree, the talent is on the roster. It just needs the right scheme in order to be fully utilized. The issue I see early on is that the coaching staff doesn't know what they have. Obviously Butler doesn't need to be in press coverage (even though the FO paid him like he could). It seems as though the CB's need to play more zone and tackle than man 1 press. What is more puzzling is the lack of run D. this team, with pretty much the same DL, was 13th in the league in rush D, now they are a sieve. Don't really know what gives in that regard.

3. blacktitan

blacktitan Starter

What is obvious is that Mariota is not a effective pocket passer. He is not accurate enough and he has minimal pocket awareness. He needs more roll outs and RPO's to be effective. He also needs dynamic WR's if the team wants to be pass oriented. But, Mariota is well suited for a run first O, which I don't think LaFleur wants to do. This is why i say LaFleur doesn't have the players on the team to run his offense. And it appears as though he can't adjust the scheme to fit the players.

4. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

For all the hate on Exotic Smashmouth (myself included), at least we had an identity. We don't have one at all this year aside for being bland on offense and terrible line play.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Hard to have any kind of identity when you can only get in the end zone in 3 out of 6 games.

6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

We went away from the RPO after Mariota was hurt. Injuries derailed the original plan, I'm sure

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

They miss Avery Williamson in the run game tbh

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Woodyard has been missed a lot more than I thought he would be. Evans has shown promise, but Woodyard has been a huge loss in the games he's missed.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea Woody is the heart of this defense, when hes not flying around making plays the plays go unmade and we lose games.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Yup. Woodyard's absence has really been felt over the last few games

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar