LeBron James keeping his kids off the gridiron

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by JCBRAVE, Nov 13, 2014.

?
  1. Youre Got damn right they can play football, this is Murica!

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Hide your babies, football is eveil

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Perhaps the best athlete in America, LeBron James says his kids can't play football. o_O

Link

LeBron claims its too risky a sport for his boys.

Thoughts......

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I don't blame him.
    Don't plan on having my kid play football, unless he really expresses an interest, or if the granddads force my hand.
    I'd rather have kids play a sport where some endurance is necessary, as well. You don't have to be in shape to be a lineman. To play basketball at all, you have to be in shape.

Hockey-yes
    Basketball-yes
    Baseball...sure, I guess

But soccer... no. no soccer.

Sports should have your kid in better shape, develop good habits for a lifetime, not just brain injuries.. IMO. I have regrets spending literal years of my life dedicated to the sport. Major burnout after high school.. and it was all for nothing.

#2 nickmsmith, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  3. JCBRAVE

I signed my son up for karate because soccer games for him woulda been on Sundays during football, so yea no soccer for my kid either.

Kids soccer is by far the most boring sport there ever was.

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Have you ever tried blocking someone for 60 minutes?? Lineman need stamina...well good ones

5. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I agree with @nickmsmith if my kids show that they really really want to play football then I will let them.

Other then that all sports are a go.

The more sports they play the higher chance they have to make it to the pros which means I'm going to be rich.

Kids = investment.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I enjoyed playing football up until HS.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

Thats when you figure out if you can cut it or not, up til HS football was more fun than work, but after that its almost another game

8. nickmsmith

nope.. who blocks someone for 60 minutes? 11 minutes of football per game.. that means about 6 minutes of blocking someone. The rest of the game is water breaks, butt slaps, and running back to the huddle/LOS.

I was a defensive lineman only throughout HS. And yes, I was still fat and had no stamina.

The worst heavyweight wrestler in my school could have run laps around me. That's why I quit wrestling. It was grueling.

And I was a 3 year letterman in a legit high school program(for Indiana at least)

Hundreds of hours spent in the weightroom/practices.. not much to show for it. Can't say I really had fun doing it, either.

#8 nickmsmith, Nov 13, 2014
  9. JCBRAVE

wrestling is tough, and super boring, I used to see those kids in HS running 24-7, I pray my kid doesn't settle for wrestling

10. nickmsmith

wrestling is disgusting.. nasty ringworm S$%$ and cauliflower ear.

But those guys are tough. I know a guy dang near 40.. wrestling coach.. I am 6'3 and darn near 300 lbs... and this guy gets me in a play headlock just goofing around, and I pretty much feared for my life. I wouldn't get in a fight with him, even if I were armed. Bad MFer.

But the sport sucks. And I think they took it out of the Olympics. The end is near, if the Olympics stay away.

#10 nickmsmith, Nov 13, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar