Lebron James is an idiot.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

They also, you know, have won championships with their squads, and THAT is what made them so great.Yeah, the biggest accomplishment and probably the truest measuring stick in professional sports. Not individual accomplishments and the insane hype they carried, but how their greatness transfered to team success.

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Either way I love to watch both of them play, with the slight edge to Lebron. As long as niether are committing crimes, and are being good role models to my son I will keep on watching them when they are on the flat.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Sorry, that is the most common fallacy in all of sports. How does it make sense that one player's worth is judged by how well the other 4 players on his team do? Is he the GM? LBJ has done everything humanly possible to win a championship and it just hasn't come together yet. I guess Wilt Chamberlain can't be in the discussion for best center ever since the lineup of centers that have more rings than him is a mile long. I guess Bill Russell is the best player ever? Not quite...

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Well it helps to win once. He has simply not done that. Not impressed, at least not enough to buy into the hype that he's anything above blue chip.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

LBJ in the playoffs 2009:

35ppg 9rpg 7apg 1.6spg .86bpg

Cleveland win totals since LBJ's arrival:

before LBJ: 17
    after LBJ: 32, 42, 50, 50, 45, 66

I guess he'll never be mentioned with players like Mario Ellie, Robert Horry, or Dennis Rodman though since he doesn't have a ring and he's already 24.

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Rodman was possibly the best rebounder to play the game and he made the Bulls go from a great team to unstoppable.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'm not arguing he hasn't HELPED his team. He's an elite player. But he is not the sole reason. Cleveland has made honest attempts to make those around him better. It hasn't clicked yet. I'm not saying he can't be a winner and be mentioned with the greats who actually won something. And he can wear all the stupid :grrr::grrr::grrr: t-shirts he wants then. But not yet IMO.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Titans2008:

The problem with Lebron is that his stats don't tell the story. He gets about 20 of his points from the free throw line EVERY night. Guaranteed. Doesn't have to earn them, doesn't even have to be fouled.

And when you start looking at how he scores- you realize he could help his team so much more if he were a threat other than dunking and laying it up. But he's not. Orlando showed that.

Until he can become a consistent jump-shooter, or outside shooter... his team will always come up short because in crucial moments- he's terrible.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

First off, no one gets 20 points per game from the line. He gets a lot more than most (I'd guess around 12 or so?). There are a few reasons for this:

1. first and foremost, he doesn't settle for jumpshots very often
    2. he's the most physical perimeter player in the league
    3. he's smart
    4. he's LBJ and gets beneficial officiating sometimes

Part of earning that beneficial officiating is dominating your opponents again and again and earning the benefit of the doubt. If Kobe throws up an air ball, the refs know he got hit on the arm. It's not because he's Kobe and they want to give him more points. It's because he's never shot an air ball all by himself before, so what are the odds that that was the first time?

He could definitely stand to improve his jumpshot. You make it sound like he sucks, though. He drives more often than he shoots because that is his strength. He draws tons of fouls and shoots 50% from the field. Of course, he's practically unstoppable when he gets in the paint so why would he settle for jumpshots?

Huh??????????

No doubt he could become an even better jump-shooter, but he is still one of the better shooters in the league (34% from 3's this year and 33% for his career) for a guy his size.

Nonetheless, he has shown (especially in this last playoff run) that is perhaps one of the top 5 finishers in the game. I mean, it got to the point where Orlando was expecting him to make that turnaround jumpshot from halfcourt. He was absolutely money in the clutch and has shown steady improvement throughout his career.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

WHHHAAAAATT???!!! hahahha

he hit ONE game winning shot. One where he didnt have time to think about it and just launched it.

He was terrible in the 4th quarters. His 4th quarter stats show that. Even when he charged and the refs GAVE him 2 shots at the line to help them win, he still messed it up.

He's the most unclutch superstar ever. He chokes 9 times out of 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar