League could start nullifying touchdowns for taunting penalties

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 31, 2013.

?
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    88.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I think the punishment of everyone thinking he's a douchebag and the 15 yard penalty should be enough. The NFL should be more concerned with the overall quality of football this year.

• High Five High Five x 6
  2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

No Fun League strikes again! This is an awful idea, you can't just start taking away TD's because of taunting. If you give up a big play you deserve to be taunted lol.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. titans/skers

titans/skers Starter

yeah no chance at all the refs wont screw that one up a million times. sarcasm. If this happens get ready for the controversial nullified touchdowns affecting games. Too subjective to give the refs that kind of power. Each ref could have his own view on what taunting is and this could only end horribly. Bad idea all around. Rule of thumb, in my opinion, subjective rules and telling an official to emphasize something usually leads to the officials going way overboard. Was watching the Lakers first game and delay of game is being emphasized which no surprise resulted in many unnecessary warnings. just would not be a smart idea taunting is not hurting anyone just got to have thick skin. Lord knows there is a ton of trash talking going on during the game regardless.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Could you imagine how sad it would be that this touchdown would be nullified?

[​IMG]

5. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

well said.

way too subjective to take away a TD; they're hard enough to score as it is.

6. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

grown friggin men , cmon taunting is fun. wish we had celebrations and taunting! take out your frustration on the next play.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I love the idea! Reminds me of the old Madden games when you could late hit people. I wish they would have never taken that out of the game.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

This might actually be the worst idea I've ever heard.

9. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Punishment doesnt fit the crime ... Keep the 15 yard kickoff penalty or even add to that and if thats still not enough - delete their extra point. TD though is a little much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar