League Conduct Policy Appears Arbitrary

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'm not sure the multi-bazillion dollar industry that is the NFL gives a damn about a small town media outcry

nor, do I think any Nashville media are willing to defend him

all the big boys are raising hell about Vick
    it's an absolute heinous crime rather you're a animal person or not
    not only s it inhumane, it borders on inhuman

it will all come to a head when the Falcons fanbase starts diminishing and ticket sales / corporate leasing and sponsorships reduce

as far as Pac is concerned, i don't think anyone cares if he really did anything or not, they're just sick of looking and listening to him - in his case , it's a pre-emptive move

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

They are trying to keep the Vick brothers and Pac Man apart. IF they get together, Atlanta may need marshall law.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Vick and the Commish are going to take a beating on this for the rest of the year in the media and I see no way Vick can play this year. He will have a hard enough time just avoiding jail time and playing again in the league. He shouldn't be allowed to take this time off AND BE PAID! That is completely ridiculous. Give him the time off without pay. Its called a suspension.

Either way, none of this will help Pacman's cause. The only thing that will help him is a change of character and I still think he may have played his last game as a Titans.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:werd:

A full on lobotomy might not be a bad idea. Probably the only way he will ever change.

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Good job, Riverman. Nice to see the national media catching on to this, too. We've all got problems with Jones' behavior, but a full year for Goodell's reasons is just crazy. Another thing I have an issue with is the retroactive nature of his policy - Goodell implemented it and immediately and selectively made it apply to incidents in the past. I don't think it would make the policy any less effective to simply say from now on, this is what we expect from our players. If he's convinced Pacman hasn't changed and is a problem child, then Pacman WILL screw up again and he can punish him however he wants. If Pac doesn't screw up again, then the policy worked and has helped put a bad seed on the right path. Instead Goodell's made a mess out of it, and no matter what he does now he'll have to be unfair to someone.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The indictment is pretty specific on what happened in Vick's case so unless he pleads out I think he is screwed however this thing could stretch out for not just this season but well beyond. The indictment has details from 4 witnesses that don't just say Vick was involved generally but give the names of many of the dogs, the locations of the fights, the names of the competing Kennel's, the purses involved and of course even specifics on how dogs were executed (the executed dog's names are given). The evidence at Vick's house is very incriminating. His only hope is to somehow try to claim he was ignorant of what was going on but one account has him going to his car to get over $20,000 dollars to pay off a purse his kennel lost.

This guy is pure scum and the whole Goodell issues aside I hope Vick gets burned big time.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

"Bottom line is this- wake up Titan fans! One of your team’s best has been made the example by the league while larger revenue players from larger market teams receive a different standard of treatment."

wah,wah..cry me a river...keep the thug :moon2: out forever

Riverman=paid Jones supporter :grrhee:

9. hrudy18

hrudy18 Camp Fodder

If Goodell doesn't suspend Vick, he is altering the competitive balance in the NFL. A discplinary doesn't just apply to certian individuals, it needs to apply to EVERYONE. Jones is an impact player for the Titans and he has been taken away. Will it destroy our season? No, but it will defitnately hender the performance of our defense.

Goodell has no choice but to suspend Vick. He established the precedent with Jones. If he lets Vick slide, I say bring back Jones. I supported the decision to discipline Jones, but I don't support the Commissioner picking and choosing who his policy applies too.

I can't help but support Jones on this issue because this is unfair to him. Regardless of what he has done in the past. This is unfair to him, the team and the fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar