League Conduct Policy Appears Arbitrary

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I thought he was waiting to hear the results of the plea deal. Should be ready to put this thing to rest now. Unless of course.......

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Unless of course he is traveling around training camps, currently on a cross country flight, etc etc etc. Do you want to elaborate on the "unless of course...", I mean there are only a million different reasons why he might not call a press conference in the next 24 hours to deal with this. For the sake of your stress levels, I hope he comes out with a suspension very soon though.

3. Riverman

Not going down this road again. Just re-read the entire thread. I've countered each of these points with you before. It is OK for us to disagree.

In regards to take longer than a day- why? What ramifications might not have already been thought out over the past 6 weeks. Vick has admitted guilt- that scenario has been in play for weeks. True, his guilt is not official until August 27th, but hey- as you point out Goodell and the league doesn't need legal guilt to justify conduct policy violation.

4. Riverman

I'm sure he'll get to it when his schedule allows. I'm certain touring training camps is a higher priority for him. He probably hasn't had much of his staff already crashing scenarios when the plea came down.

I'm really not stressed about the whole situation. It is playing out like I would have expected it to.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Because he is a busy man. Again, you do realize that he oversees a lot more than just Michael Vick. Now, I am sure this is at the top of his priorities, but perhaps it would be easier with regards to his schedule if he did it Friday or something. Would that really be that big a deal if he waited 2 or 3 days?

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Ok dude. You are right. I forgot you convinced me earlier of all these conspiracy theories. Thanks for reminding me.

7. Riverman

You convinced yourself. But I understand you have difficulty with logical conclusions. I have only maintained the administration of the policy is arbitrary.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Yes, me and the 90% of the people who realize that what Goodell is doing makes sense must just be stupid. Lucky that you are part of the 10% or so who actually gets it. We should all be so blessed.

9. Riverman

90% huh? That sounds like an insult to about 89% of the people. :)

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

In your world, Im sure it does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar