Lax Canadian border agents will let people from anywhere cross into Canada.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by titanbuoy, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Thursday and Friday mornings are the only times that I still do retail work. So I'm serving my time in store this morning and I hear the buzzer go off indicating that someone is coming through the front entrance and who should walk in but a dude in an authentic Bulluck alternate jersey. I live in Canada; And this breaking news just in, the Titans aren't all that popular up here. I see at most two or thee people a year sporting a Titans jersey, and it's invariably a number 9 or and old 27. In an unusual twist I'm actually wearing my Pac practice jersey today, so when he sees me the surprised look on his face now matches the one on mine. The store I was working in today is located directly beside a huge travel agency, it turns out he had just got off of a charter from the airport in Toronto and was in town on biz just for the day. So we start commiserating about the state of all things Titanic and making the usual small talk and it turns out he's from "Murfreesborough" or something like that (it sounded familiar so I'm sure I've read it on here before). If I understood him correctly it's basically a suburb of Nashville. So I "comped" him a few DVD's and other goodies and told him to visit gotitans.com (he says he's visited the site but usually just goes to Titans online for info...boo).

Anyways... much ado about nothing really. I just thought it was funny that a local had found his way all the way up here to the Great White only to be greeted by a fellow Titans fan.

At times it can seem like a small world indeed.

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

It's Murfreesboro.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yeah. The "Boro" is east of Nashville and around a 30-45 minute drive depending on traffic. That's home of Middle Tennessee State University and the Blue Raider where Calico is from and other such scholars as myself. ;)

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Cool. I just love the fact that he chose to proudly wear his Titans jersey on an international business trip (at 0-3 even). Titans fans are a special breed.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

Murfreesboro as TJ is where MTSU is located...and my hometown. Great Place.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It's also where Pacman goes to get drunk and mouth off to security officers, instead of going to a funeral like he lied to Coach Fisher about, while not getting traded or blasted to the media about by same Coach Fisher.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Ah yes, lying to the boss; A tradition that has been honed to perfection through the years via a painstaking process of trial and error by employees worldwide. I definitely did my share back in the day… I know my then fiancés grandmother died once and yet somehow we ended up in Vegas for four days… oops. Viva Lost Grandma baby! (there really should be an Elvis smiley)

PS: I'm sure it's a nice place but... Murfreesboro? I'm sure you get used to the name, but upon first glace to these foreign eyes, it sounds like a place that might just be inhabited by hobbits :)) .

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Well, Pacman likes to get drunk there, and he is about the same height as Frodo.

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

:ha:

A: Frodo Jones.

Q: What does an LOTR geek get when he doesn't have a chance to read about or watch his beloved hobbits on a weekly basis?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Did you tell him you know Gunny?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar