LaVar Arrington

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by thnom, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Would LaVar Arrington be worth a shot for something like a 2nd rounder or worse? He's a past Pro Bowler (doesn't mean a lot now, like), but he's got the athletism - he just needs a bit of control and not meander as much.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he's got a bad knee, no thanks.

3. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

1st year off a bad knee.
    i'd take him happily for next year...
    doubt that would ever happen though

4. CriticalTheory

CriticalTheory WestSide 718 ShadowMafia!

With that Logic Calico shouldn't be here either right? Calico has never seen a Pro Bowl let alone play more than what 5 or 6 games a Season.

If we can get him then why not team him up with Bulluck.

A little 1-2yr contract plus we can always trade him.

We need to take risk on proven players instead of projects like we always do.

Signings like this can change teams around and bring new life to a room.

5. user44

user44 Guest

I think we should take the approach the Bears are taking and just absolutely stack up on defense. The colts proved over the last few years that all offense and no defense can only get you so far, but the ravens, bucs and bears have shown that all-d little offense can get you much further. Why not get the big boy, draft some huge DT, keep KVB, hope woolfolk and pacman can cover next year along with hill and we might have a hell of a defense. Then again, we still need some safeties and another de and maybe peter sirmon can tackle next year. Moral of the story: DEFENSE!

6. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I'd take him but not for a second rounder. Maybe 3rd or 4th round pick, tops.

7. TheMugwump

TheMugwump Guest

The guy is a phenomenal (sp?) physical speciman and a fantastic talent in the right system, however unless your team plays a system with which he is familiar (sp?), then the knock on him is that he freelances and does more harm than good.

But in the right system, even a year off a knee injury, I'd even give a first-rounder for this guy.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Sorry, I'd take someone fresh like Hawk if it's going to be a first rounder. I'd give a 4th that'd turn into a 3rd for Arrington (since we don't have a 3rd right now anyway).

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

hmmm...calico's rookie contract or arrington's big money contract he'll get in free agency.

yep, you got me there!

10. THE53

THE53 Guest

Oh. there is no question you pass up on this guy. He is a former #2 pick overall (i think), and has all the tools to be a great player. You say he has a bad knee, but KVB has two bad knees, and he turned out pretty well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar