Late round steal

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by maximus, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

2. ONUV

ONUV Starter

off topic a little, what happened to that juco WR that entered the draft early a couple of years ago? i'm thinking a florida team drafted him.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Who is he the link didn't work since I'm on a school computer.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Maybe in the 7th..

This guy may not even be drafted. Not a bad idea late but i think i like jacoby jones, bandon myles and dallas baker better as late rd WR sleepers.

Baker is my favorite. He is a big WR who produced in the sec. 900+ yards. His 40 time was not horrible either for a big receiver 4.62.

5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Why is it ok for him ton run a 4.62 as a big receiver, but Jarrett is hated on. Jarrett is bigger then Baker.

Baker - 6'3" 207 lbs
    Jarrett - 6'5" 215 lbs

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

because baker will be picked in the 7th round, not the first. much less to lose.

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Yes, but if you guys are supporting Baker and he is that slow and smaller then Jarrett, who is the better receiver and had more production/better stats. I feel Jarrett is worthy of our pick at 19.

Look at his highlights. He is a BIG receiver, and he can jump. He takes up a lot of space. I think he would be perfect for us. He is a stud receiver, and will be a great pro.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Supporting baker?

Dude we are talking about a guy who might be the 19th pick vs the guy who might be the 190th pick. Comprende?

First of all lets look at the facts.

Size:
    Jarrett 6'4 219
    Baker 6'3 208

vertical jump:
    Jarrett 36.5
    Baker 36

Production:
    Jarrett 70-1015-13tds
    Baker 60-920-10tds

Sorry dude but i was baiting you jarrett fans a bit with that 4.62 time. That was baker's slowest time at the combine. 4.62 was jarrett's fastest time at his pro day and as you know jarrett didn't even run at the combine. Baker ran a 4.47 and 4.50 at his pro day. For the sake of argument let's say they are equal in speed. :ha:

I support baker because he was the leading receiver on the nations best team in a program that usually produces pretty good WRs. He produced over 600 yards the previous year and over 900 this year against sec defenses. He has good size. Jarrett might be a little bigger but what is one inch anyway? Mike williams is bigger than jarrett was he a great pick?

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'm not real high on both but I'd rather take Baker late than Jarrett early. We need a CB or DE round one not DJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar