Last play Titans vs Saints

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I am just asking here, but the last play of the game all of the Titans receivers where man handled. Mariani was pushed out of the end zone, Williams was tripped as he ran his route into the end zone, Hawkins was held/pushed, and Cook was held. Are you allowed to push and shove WR's in the end zone? Are the rules different on this area of the field? Or did all the refs miss all of the infractions all at once? If you watch the NFL highlights the announcer refers to it as a mugging. What's up? Cause if that is allowed I know how I would be coaching from this point further.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

That was complete bs. Should of been 2 flags on that play. What kills me, is there was a ref A FOOT away when Mariani got his guts pushed in. Love how the Aints player threw up his hands and looked right at the ref.

3. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

Once Locker moved out of the pocket do the rules change?

I think there can no longer be illegal contact, right? But what constitutes illegal contact compared to pass interference? Surely a two handed block right out of bounds is pass interference since it was past the 5yard 'chuck' area? Or is it only pass interference if you have the ball thrown your way?

I'd love some clarification on what the rules actually are. Still can't believe the ref was right next to Mariani and acted as if nothing happened.

4. Titans Eternal

The rules do change. What you say is right as I understand it. I don't give a f#ck if Locker runs to the opposite end zone, if pushing a guy completely off his route, out of bounds, and to the ground isn't a penalty...then I think it means we are in '73.

All that aside, Mariani should not of allowed someone to just dominate him like that. He is a grown man.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

We've been here before people. Until the Commish actually addresses the amount of complete BS refereeing in this league rather than worry about what constitutes an excessive celebration in the endzone , this kind-of-crap will continue.

However , Sundays play was a nadir in joke officiating.

6. AalexG

AalexG Camp Fodder

If you throw your hands up like your innocent you can get away with it. Lol...

7. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

Ok, so if it's true that when Locker leaves the pocket there is no longer illegal contact, was there a penalty on Mariani? The Saints player (Robinson, was it?) drove with two hands in the chest to push the player out of bounds. It wasn't holding since it was a "legal" block as Locker threatened to run?

Like I said before, I'd love some clarification from the rule book!

8. Titans Eternal

^

Maybe they should of asked Munchak about that during his show, instead of asking what his favorite colors were and what kind of snacks they have at the Titans facility.

9. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Camp Fodder

Pass interference can only be called if the ball is in the air. Defensive holding can be called if the QB is in the pocket, the receiver is over five yards down field and the ball has not yet been thrown. Once the QB leaves the pocket he becomes a runner, even if he still intends to pass, and downfield players become blockers and are then subject to contact without penalty.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Titans Eternal

So if Breeze takes 4 steps to his right, Finnegan can wrap his arms around Colston and pull him to the ground?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar