LaserTV

Discussion in 'Gear' started by PitBull, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Samsung compares just fine to panasonic and pioneer, imo. Pioneer has never caught my eye when shopping based on picture alone rather than brand.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

didn't you also mention that you couldn't tell the difference between 1080p and 720p ?

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

anyone wanting some definition here, go by Cnet or HDguru and see what they think the best displays are...they're not LCD

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

HERE !
    you have to get into LED-backlit LCD before they start getting compared to Kuro's
    and the new Panny's are much improved over last years models, which were already incredible TV's to begin with

like I said above, you cannot find a better TV for $1700

"Ever since we called the Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-111FD "The best flat-panel HDTV ever," we've been comparing the most-expensive challengers on the market directly against it, looking to see if any could topple the champ."
    "The Panasonic G10 series is the new king. No, it's not as good overall as the soon-to-be-extinct Kuro Elite, but it comes closer than ever in the arena of black-level performance, and mounts a good fight in just about every other field of picture quality, with the exception of some color accuracy issues. Panasonic steeped the G10 in extra features compared with its less-expensive brethren, adding a THX mode that's largely responsible for its excellent picture, along with VieraCast for access to a limited range of Internet extras. The downside, as always, is that it costs significantly more than lower-end models, but if you're looking for the best picture quality in a post-Kuro world, the Panasonic TC-PG10 series is the safest bet so far this year."
    http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-...2_7-33497901.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody

5. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Downside to plasmas are they have a much shorter life esp in high elevation areas.
    So if you live in the rocky mountain states better to get LCD

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I, too, want a TV that shoots lasers...

7. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i want a mutated sea bass with frickin lazer beams attached to their foreheads

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

This is a fine example of what drugs do to the mind....

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Not mine. (Pioneer Elite...see other thread) Whoo hoo!

Though in 18-24 months, I wouldn't mind the 58" Samsung 1.2" LCD. Those are quite nice in person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar