Laron Landry - How high?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

reggie nelson is someone i REALLY like. he is a true center fielding safety. i have seen him lineup directly in the middle of the field and make a play on the sideline. he has great range.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Is...

Neslon the FS on Oregon???

Gut

3. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

Florida. He's a junior, but rumored to come out early, because he doesn't have much of an interest in school. Not sure if that is indicative of his overall character or not. I think right now he's a borderline 1st/2nd rounder.

He was slated to play CB for the Gators this year, so he should be able to man up and cover if needed. Like bigtitan said, he has good speed and range, and he can lay the lumber. I've seen numerous times this year where he's dislodged completions and caused alligator arms just from being in the vicinity.

I really like him as long as his character checks out (I honestly don't know)

4. Zephyr

Zephyr Sec 139

I thought Landry was a SS? We need Thompson replaced before we can even think of being a contender....depending on how Finnegen performs over the rest of season (assuming he starts) we need to take either a FS or a CB...our secondary is to pathetic not to draft an impact safety or CB

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I believe we don't have specific Free and Strong Safeties.

6. i just want a saftey like hope that hits hard, or a ball hawk like huff was

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Landry has the range and athleticism to be an excellent player though he hasn't improved this year from last year...which is dissappointing since I thought he'd take it up a notch.

This kid Reggie they're talking about will rival him as the top Safety if he comes out. He's got legit 4.4 speed, can ball hak and is one of the hardest hitters on Florida. I got that from some of my draftnik friends as I haven't watched much Florida this year yet.

Gut

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If Nelson comes out then it is going to be a tremendous safety draft and value will be had in the 2nd rnd for sure.

I've been disappointed the few times I've watched LSU this yr in terms of the lack of plays that Landry has made on the ball. No doubt he can hit, but I haven't seen great ball awareness.

Michael Griffin is a playmaker. He brings the lumber and has ballhawk skills. Only downside is that often he isn't disciplined and bites on playaction.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

landry got run over by tim tebow, that turned me away from him.

10. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

I know the exact play you're talking about, and that wasn't Landry like the broadcasters said it was. Landry was in on the play, but the guy that got trucked was Jesse Daniels, LSU's starting SS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar