Lane Kiffin dumps UT

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by World Peace, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Volunteers aren't doing themselves any favors.... Vandalizing property and rioting out in the streets over a 6-6 football coach who got smoked in his bowl game. Not to mention all the bad apples he brought to the Uni + all the bad press with the dismissed basketball player, the students doing this aren't helping bring more recruits by acting like this. Stay classy, vols

2. World Peace

I wonder if there will be riots on 2nd avenue in Nashville if Fisher suddenly leaves the Titans one day. LOL

3. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Listen to this interview with Joe Schad who first broke the story.......they were in Orlando for a convention and he wouldn't talk. By the time Kiffin commented, USC had already announced the hiring and all the media was running with it.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4820772&categoryid=2564308

4. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

espn mentions that UT is targeting muschamp

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

yeah, as much as they all got screwed over by this guy, they're all going to come out looking like the bad guys after this one

6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I bet Tommy Tuberville is kicking himself right now.

7. World Peace

I saw all these "We hate kiffin" signs in the video. If you hate him so much, then why protest his departure?

It's like my buddy who's unhappily married (without kids)... I told him if he doesn't like his wife, then why do you beg her to stay when shes packed her bags and ready to leave... If you are unhappy, wouldn't that be the best possible scenario?

I know that all of these fans are pissed because he screwed up the program and took off... but honestly... I doubt it was all his fault. He can't be held accountable for 3 kids who wanna rob a store (He can't hold their hand, although he could be a better mentor) and he can't be responsible for girls who show up at games with signs that say "Come to UT" and that whole scandal.

I don't blame him for leaving though. Going back to my marriage analogy... Sometimes, in the first year of a marriage, you learn alot more about a person than you ever would have found out just by seeing that person on occasion.

Just like some divorces, It was better for him to leave and these students/alum/boosters/players that are throwing a hissy fit about it look stupid because if they disliked the guy so much for what hes done, then why go out and start vandalizing stuff and making yourself, your school, and your athletics departments look like a buncha redneck jack@ss who don't have one iota of class.

You know, atleast he didn't pull a brian kelly and leave the team high and dry before the bowl game (Not like it woulda mattered anyways)

8. World Peace

What's stopping him from going to UT? If Lame Kiffin can cut and run, why can't TT? Sure, its not classy, but college sports aren't classy anymore. It's all about coach making more money and players getting to the pros faster. If you tell a kid that your program is the way to get to the NFL/NBA, then that recruit will probably sign with you. No if ands or buts about it.

9. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

no they're not pissed for screwing over in that sense....perhaps you misunderstand my earlier post

it was more the while getting everyone's hopes up, saying he's staying at UT to build them up, talking about the great recruiting class etc

in less than a day he just goes "oh hey, i got offered a job at Southern Cal and i'm taking pretty much the whole staff with me...so see ya" and bolts (w/ a p.s. recruits come with me to USC)

he promised everyone he was there to stay for improvement and rebuild and then he used them as a one year stepping stone; and not only that (worse than the bowl game) he leaves less than 3 weeks before signing day, so all the guys who were going to enter early are now gone, and UT has no coach so a team that's rebuilding has to scramble to find someone so that they can salvage something out of this class cause most of these 23 commitments are now gone, more likely to rival sec schools or to southern Cal at that as well.

When things looked like they were getting better, he left them high and dry in a position that hurt the school/team for 3-4 years...they pretty much now have to hire an entire coaching staff in less than a week if they want to lessen the blow however much they actually can (it's like when Dennis Francione bolted from Alabama and just left the players notes)

if anything, these people are devastated because after offering hope and promises, he just used them to get somewhere else after 1 year. (someone used the analogy of snake oil salesman) He used them as a stepping stone to get to where he wanted and then bolted leaving them pretty much in the same or possibly worse state than they were...for his own gain

the screwed over part was about him leaving 3 weeks before signing day and how that's going to hurt UT in the next few weeks, and even few years; noone called him for the gun problems or the hostesses thing, they're upset about this right now, that's where he screwed them over

they bought what he was selling and then he just up and left them quicker than...well i cant think of a good metaphor this late; they feel very betrayed right now

10. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Tuberville just signed it (and is classier); i dont think he can just get out of it easily in less than a year (of course too, it makes you look like a dick as a coach and hurts future job prospects)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar