Lance Briggs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

We wouldn't switch our entire defensive scheme just so we could have Lance Briggs.

2. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

We Couldn't switch our entire devensive scheme just so we could have Lance Briggs.

3. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

What about the nickel package on 3rd down? Would you pull Briggs out to put a Nickel in? You would have to. So then you are paying 7 to 9 millioin for a guy playing about 50% of the downs.

Will never happen. Titans don't want it. Briggs don't want it.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

changing to 3-4 over time wouldnt bother me because obviously our 4-3 didnt do so hot last year.

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

honostly...a three four sounds really good to me...think of the elements....speed is what makes a 3-4 strong..now

if we were to think honostly we only have really one good DT...and he is huge and i think can handle the inside well....speakin of haynz...i think he can do it...he is a monster he already always picks up the double team every down so nothing change there. and thihnk of that LB corps

bulluck, briggs, thorton and tulloch....man that is crazy combo...all have elite speed and either are already amazing...or have the potenial to be....yo...how is no1 likin this idea...i say do it now...it would fix our run D IMO in a hurry...lets face it 4-3 we just strugglin w/ it

and KVB is a 3-4 end when u watch him bigger guy who can handle the pressure we'll still need anotehr good DE either way and im thinkin for now we should try to get brown for cheap (if KVB panned out take the chance on brown).

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i think it would work well, and help vince young out, he wont have to be comeing back everygame down 10 or down 14 or down 21-0....

7. MrTitan

MrTitan Guest

Hey our GM already thinks we play the 3-4 defense anyways, might as well make a switch to it.

Reinfeldt said Fowler rated as a priority to the Titans.

"He's a smart, aggressive middle backer," he said. "He was kind of stuck in a system that's more of a 3-4; he's probably better suited to the 3-4 that we play. I think he's a leader. ... He would just be a good fit for us in a lot of ways."

8. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

to switch to the 3-4 we'd have to fire schwarts his 2 brain cells couldnt handle that much at once.
    i really wanted to fire schwarts and pick up ron rivera as our defensive coordinator but he ran a 4-3 in chicago idk whether he would run a 3-4 but id still take him over schwarts any day

9. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

:irked: Haynesworth wouldnt even fit as a 3-4 DT. He is 5 inches taller than Casey Hampton, one of the best DTs in a 3-4, and stilll 5 pounds lighter. KVB is around 30 pounds lighter than Igor Olshansky.

We would never fit a 3-4 with the guys we got now. We would need bigger ILBs and we dont have them. Switching to a 3-4 is something that cannot be done just because it sounds good in theory. You actually have to have the right kind of players to run it effectively.

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

well the guys we have on the 4-3 right now cant do that much worse then they would on a 3-4, if we have another ottroscious run stopping year like we did last year, id be all for switching for the 08 season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar