Lamont Thompson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Xplayer52, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Gunny,
    Nope.

I had three things in mind, that I thought, were most important for the Titans to change in the offseason.

1) General Manager
    2) Free Safety
    3) D. Coordinator

General Manager, check. I'm interested in seeing what Reinfeldt can do. I loved his statement about not having to go into cap-jail.

Free Safety, I think this is a lock. Its just obvious he needs to be replaced. He has one or maybe two great games a year, and then 14 terrible ones. Really, I think you can plug anyone else in there and get the same results.. and at least you have a chance to get better.

D. Coordinator, well I probably won't be so lucky on this one. But there is still time.

CB does need to be addressed. At least to bring in competition for Hill and Finnegan. I'm not sold that we have to bring in Samuel or Clements, or that I would want to. I'd rather spend more $ towards DL.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

cmon
    bringing in Samuel would instantly improve the secondary to the point where FS would be less of an issue.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree Samuel would improve the overall secondary to a point that FS would become less important of an upgrade. IF we do sign Samuel, I still think Lamont has to be upgraded, because its so easy to do. And he is the weakest part of an already weak defense.

What I think is much more important, is improving on our 30th ranked rush defense. That's why I prefer not to spend big $ on Clement or Samuel, and throw that money at the DL.

I'll tell you who I'd love to get for CB#2, Daymeion Hughes from California. Not with our 1st round though. And then we'd probably have to trade up to get him since he'll go late 1st or early 2nd, probably.

Man, Pacman and Hughes at corner. Deon Grant and Hope at safety.... Hey, I can have my offseason dreams if I want to! :moon2:

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Safety is the last man in defense especially in a Zone defense.
    I'd rather have that issue taken care of first. If LT is out of position as he normally was it doesn't matter who we have at corner.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

why? seriously... welcome and all but tell me why. I really don't care whether a guy went to one school or another... you know Big Al is a real shining beacon of light... also, the Vols are an embarrassment. I have forgotten what Big Orange football is all about. So has Fulmer. He's such a douch bag.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Lamont at backup?

Not with his $2M price tag..

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

RollTide, would you do us the honor of giving us a straight up honest assessment of Lamont Thompson? Here, use this if it helps.

[​IMG]

8. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I don't care how much he's getting paid, he can be making 5 mil or the veteran's minimum, if he's not playing well he should be benched, that goes for any player, not just Lamont. Washington didn't seem to mind benching Adam Archuleta when he wasn't performing despite the fact that he was one of the highest paid safeties in the league.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ooch..

I didn't suggest we have to start him because of his paycheck i'm suggesting we tell him to take a hike because of his paycheck.

Sorry i wasn't clear about that. I assume LT will be playing elsewhere.

10. this is not even a question that should be asked, he is the absolute worse player that i have ever seen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar