Lamar Jackson… which tag will he get???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Mar 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I only find the part about how Cleveland made a terrible deal, so LJ isn’t worth as much as he’s asking because Watson set the market so high.

feel like I recall a similar WR contract situation just last year. Hmmmmmmmm.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

They're already talking about having to restructure his contract.

Per year average isn't bad... But that 55m cap hit every year is terrible and there's no way out for the team. Not a good business decision.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Titansfan12

Titansfan12 Starter

I’m warming up to the idea of taking a run at Lamar. Say what you want upon his weaknesses, but this is a QB in his prime that has proven to be one of the best players in the league at his peak. You’re already going to have to trade 2+ 1st rounders for a rookie in the draft. Sure you get them cheap on the rookie deal, but you don’t know if they will pan out. Probably very little chance they are anywhere near the player of Lamar. And if he is then he’s getting $60/million for his prime

We have the cap space next year to make it work and reallocate funds to the positions we want. Ran can still find good players in the draft without a 1st rounder. Lamar and Derrick could be one of the best duos we’ve ever seen. As long as he’s healthy we will be in the hunt for the division every year, and if we build the rest of the roster we can compete with the best of the AFC

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Lol, and getting Tammy’s contract off the books? Goot Lawd! This idea is in outer space in the movie Alien from 1979.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

If we could manage it I would go for it. Ljax, henry, Burks, chig would be good ****

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Just curious about how we can manage that? Not that I would go there at all, but our hit on Tammy is yuge, and to pay next to top money on top of that is impossible. Someone please explain getting around his cap hit. His dead cap is near $19,000,000. That’s dead cap. Lol, it’s nonsense to speak of such things. I can see trading him, but that’s a complete pipe dream, because there ain’t a team that will pull that line.

#16 Hormesis, Mar 8, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I would not touch fugly ass lamar with a 10 foot ukranian

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Exactly! Didn’t we recently push his stool in at his own home forcing him to throw…? I seem to remember doing just that! Also remember a Raven defender talking chit prior to game being turned into a blocker for us. Pretty real sweeet.

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

We probably can't lol

10. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Yep, 55mil of a 224mil salary cap... One player taking up 1/5th of the entire salary cap cant bode well. That is a win right now, exactly how the team is, or watch the team decay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar