Lack of a Running Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rock8titans, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

I'm sure I'll get bashed for this, I know our offense sucks, the WR's can't catch passes that go right through their hands, the QB position for the most part has been abysmal this year, but CJ has looked very slow this year IMO. He never hits the hole fast, looks like he's dancing too much side to side, go's down way too easy, get's caught from behind from LB's as he is changing directions, he just looks AWFUL out there, yesterday was a complete joke. Even Ringer came in to spell him for a series and ripped a decent run off, he looked quick with fresh legs.

I know there are no holes for CJ to run through, but he just looks hesitant and isn't making something out of nothing like he normally does. For someone who is so fast, he looks like he's not running with any authority.

And who's idea was it to only have CJ, Ringer and Hall as our only 3 backs? Talk about zero depth.

Ok, rant over.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. thepoonerboy

thepoonerboy Jake "Lockout" Locker

Team has given up...point blank

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

C.J. is fine, he's not the problem. Sure he takes a beating, but he's taking whats there. He probably has slowed down some, I doubt he's currently running 4.24 40's. One reason, he's heavier now, and is dealing with a thigh injury. As for you thinking he goes down too easy, he sometimes does. But that's how he avoids major injuries. Be smart and take what you can, live to fight another down. This team has some major issues, but C.J. isn't one of them.

4. murrayky

murrayky Camp Fodder

Our play calling is our problem. We are smash mouth and that doesn't do it any more.
    We have to be more creative on offense and defense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The play calling has always been atrocious, but it's not something I've let make me crazy.

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

when CJ only gets 7 carries in a tight game, that is not his fault. Jeff Fisher would drather have a rookie qb throw it out of the shotgun. Jeff wants out and he is gonna tank the season to get it. Fisher knows and knew that you dont throw it to 84, he will blow up. He brought him in to blow up. He also knew that Vince would blow up, when he didnt put him back in the washington game. Not defending Young here ( I say cut them both), but I am saying fisher has some responsibility here too, and I really think it is in his plan to get out of here so he can go to dallas. I think he tried last year with the manning jersey, hope this game works for the coach, and he gets what he wants and deserves .........Jerry Jones and a Dallas media that will go after you unlike the nashville media........run a prevent defense in a tie game and see how long fish ball lasts in Big D!

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

he has the 5th most carries on the year, he's getting plenty of carries overall, he's just not playing as well.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Anyone who has watched the NFL for 17 years or more knows that rookie qb's are never asked to throw like that in their first game. It's the same reason why minor league pitchers are brought to the majors slowly. You can wreck him mentally. And maybe we did. Who knows, but the plan was a mistake. It sounds good on paper, the worst pass defense, let's suprise them. But you can't do that to a rookie in his first game. You have to play it vanilla and let your veterans lead you forward.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

In response to CJ being 5th in carries...............HE HAD 7 yesterday 7!!!!!!!! We were not losing 41 to 0 it was 0-0 end first and 14-0 in 4th. Your best player got 7 carries and jeff fisher's game plan was to put the ball in a rookies hands. Herm Edwards said " You play to when the game!" The last 2 games Fisher coached to lose the game! He has lost the team 2 years in a row

10. DJB

DJB Starter

Any one hear Wycheck this morning talking about CJs body language on the sidelines?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar