Kyle Shurmur....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Wingman, Jan 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Good is relative. Gabbert is not good. Tyrod is good. I think a good (not great) qb will see mariotas health and production and see it as a shot at a job.

2. Tricky

Tricky Starter

@JR1980 Must be a vandy fan, huh? That's a very reasonable comment considering shurmur is currently grading out anywhere in the 4th-7th rounds. Screenshot_20190124-094003_Chrome.jpg

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We're paying this idiot $20M to be here, no one who sees themselves as a starter are coming here.

4. Tricky

Tricky Starter

You may be right
    I really hope you're not

5. JCBRAVE

Heres the thing. Teams spend upwards of $30M on QB's now. We have 20 sunk into the pineapple farmer, that leaves 10M for a second QB. The top FA QB's stand to make 10-15. So its technically possible we land a Tyrod Taylor, but reality is those top guys think they should be starters.

Would you come here if youre Teddy, Foles, or Tyrod? Just to sit around for 14 games?

6. Tricky

Tricky Starter

But dont you think we would pay on the higher end of that considering the circumstances? And one of those guys could look at Mariota and say - injury prone, unproductive, and one year deal. If we offer one of them a 2 year $15/yr deal, I think they take it all day.

7. JCBRAVE

I dont think JR is going to do that

this is marys make or break year, I expect the team to give him all the resources they can to see if he's the guy

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Also, how many teams need a QB worse than us that wont be taking one early in the draft?

Jags, Skins, Giants
    Maybe the dolphins, broncos, raiders

Including us, that leaves 8 teams in need of a QB. I doubt the raiders, broncos, and dolphins invest heavily, and we are at least as good of a situation as any of them for a vet. There are 3-4 1st round QBs and 3 pretty good free agents. I'd say we are firmly in the mix for one of the free agents.

9. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Like I said, you're probably right and I'm probably dreaming. I just dont really agree that we aren't a desirable destination for one of the top free agent QBs

10. JCBRAVE

Jags have no money for a free agent QB, even after they dump Bortles they still cant afford a QB, theyre going to have to draft one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar