KVB Placing Pressure on Himself to Add Pressure

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: After recording 12 1/2 sacks his first season, DE Kyle Vanden Bosch was the focus of many opposing OL last season. He was often double-teamed and chipped at the line which caused his sack number to decline to 6 1/2. The Titans not getting enough pressure from the right DE spot also impacted his production though his tackles and QB pressures actually increased. His goal entering the 2007 season is to possibly be on the field less but be more productive with his opportunities. He plans on playing 10 pounds lighter this season which he hope aids his jump and speed. "I am trying to be more explosive, with more pop," KVB said. "When you are getting 60-65 plays per game, it is kind of like running a marathon. I'd like to be able to get to the point where I'm maybe not taking all the reps, but I can be more explosive and approach the game maybe like 45-50 sprints instead of being in there every play. I really want to be able to look like I am shot out of a cannon on every snap."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

He needs to put pressure on the front office to get him some help

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I wonder if they play him more on the right, who
    ll go on the left?

4. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

is he saying he wants to be a situational guy who comes in on passing downs or something?

5. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

He bettter be on the field for every possible snap. Who else do we have to rush the passer?

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Our team seems to like to talk about what they want and what they are going to do.

How about this.............perform up to par and then talk and if you don't, don't say jack and get outta Tennessee.

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

KVB did this because when he started seeing triple teams bc no one else could get a pass rush on the line, he knew he needed speed, wht was he held to last year, like 5 sacks from a previous 12 and a Pro Bowl?

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

so what your saying is KVB warrants a triple team and the O-Lines other 2 guys block our 3. I know our D-Line is bad but come on this is the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar