KVB for 2006 season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I know we are not fond of using the Franchise Tag, but would this be a good case?
    How much would it cost us?
    If we can't get him signed, why not?
    ________
    Bondage Submissive

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think the DE tag right now is about $6.5 mil.

3. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Which is WAY more than anyone would ever give him.

4. fitantitans

5. Tull

Tull Starter

What kind of money do you think we can keep KVB for?
    5 mil. bonus 3yrs at 2.5 mil ea.
    ?

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Last year the Jags signed Hayward who was coming off his 2nd good yr at Denver to a 5yr contract worth $25mil with $10mil guaranteed. Much less than Kearse money and more in line for what I think KVB should get. If you did the old standard back-loaded contract then his cap hit would be less than 3 mil which is easily do able.

The Raiders signed Derrick Burgess to a 5 yr deal worth $17.5 mil with bonuses of $6mil. Another guy that was injury prone and came on strong at the end of last season with Philly.

I think those numbers are what Reese will be offereing.
    They are much lower from a cap standpoint than the franchise tag.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I hope KVB is looking to stay here. It'd suck to lose him to a higher offer. But I think he'll show some loyalty after this season.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think he will stay, possibly even take slightly less to stay with the titans then going to another team.

9. fitantitans

10. danny

danny Guest

Vanden Bosch strikes me as some one with a lot of loyalty and "old school values". Granted, I've never met the man but from articles I've read and interviews I've heard of him, he just seems like the highest dollar offer isn't the most important thing. He also doesn't come off as one of our modern "me first" type athletes.

I think he'll be a Titan next year because the Titans will offer him a fair deal. The deal will have some protection for the franchise considering his injury history and I don't think that will offend Vanden Bosch. He seems to be a realistic man and he knows as well as anyone his injury history as well as the Titans do. Another plus the Titans have in resining Vanden Bosch is the great relationship that he's developed with Washburn. As Forrest Gump said "they're like peas and carrots". They suit each other and seem to admire each other as well.

Vanden Bosch could be a great block to build the "new" Titans off of. He's a no nonsense, give it all, hardnose player. The past few articles I've read over the past week have questioned what identity the Titans will take on over the next few years. Vanden Bosch's identity would be one I'd be proud of as a fan. McNair on offense, Vanden Bosch on defense, you can't get much tougher or have much more class than those two. They don't talk, they just line up and lead by example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar