Kuharsky's comments on Troupe

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

Troupe was horrible at picking up blitzes and blocking in general in the second half of the game and that was a huge difference in the 4th quarter.

It really is a shame for him as he could be a real killer TE if he ever got it all together.

As an athlete, the dude is a stud. As a Tennessee Titans football player, not so much.

I wish him well where ever he ends up.

Later

2. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

Ben Troupe

What did y'all think of troupe last night, 3 catches-44 yards. I thought he played alright, i saw him miss one big block which lost us like 3 yards, but other than that i thought he looked capable.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He basically whiffed on two blocks which led to sacks. The guy can't even handle his blocking assignments. I hope he invested well because he'll be a car salesman this time next year.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Way too little, way too late. Yes, he made a couple catches, but his blocking was atrocious. They can't cut him fast enough, as far as I'm concerned.

I am starting to think that this team would benefit more from a stud TE than a stud WR.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Calico, Calico, Calico. Been saying it for two years now.

6. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

The frustrating thing with Troupe is he has all the tools to dominate the position... but it always seems like your waiting for it to click for him. That catch hugging the side-line in stride was phenomenal, in fact... I was as shocked that he caught it as I was that Young threw it... then comes what appeared to be his lack of effort at the line. He comes across lazy and doesn't want to study his trade.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He'll be starting for someone next year. Might be a car salesman later, but get ready to hear Troupe's name more within a year than you heard it his entire time here. Someone will know how to use him.

8. Riverman

He might make a slot receiver on a cap purged team. That's about it.

9. Riverman

Troupe has had foot problems- I know breaking his foot at least once maybe twice. He has had ankle issues also if I'm remembering correctly.

I just see so many parallels in the two. Both Reese bombs btw.

10. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Ben Troupe thoughts

See to get catches and Yards a guy must be in the field aka Ben Troupe Here is a guy couple years ago who had 55 balls and 600yds+. He did in one PLAYOFF game what he did all year. 3-4 catches 44 yds. Another example of how the offensive minds behind the Titans do not know how to utilize anyone on offense other than just running the Running backs to death. Anything outside the RB position and button hook routes this offense is lost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar