Kuharsky nailed this one

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoT, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

:yes:

3. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

"Kuharsky nailed this one"

yup.

I think L.T.'s problem is his dreds have pulled his cheeks up over his eye's.

4. zackmann

zackmann Guest

good article

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I really think people missed this, and since the draft they have missed it, for good or bad reasons, we drafted Griffin, put him to corner, and kept lamont at saftey because of PacMan

I dont think many have connected the dots yet, Ive been waiting for a good time to bring this up and here it is, think about it, if PacMans here, we have two #1 corners, and theres no need to keep Lamont and have the Lowry situation pondering us.

Griffin was the saftey valve on the secondary, he was drafted to adjust to PacMans future

If PacMan comes back , which the front office hopes, he goes to #1 corner, Harper to #2, and Griff gets moved back to saftey with Hope
    If he never does come back, the idea is to work with Lamont and Lowry at saftey and let Griff stay where hes at

This is why as soon as he was drafted, even at the draft day, the Titans said he will be at the cb position, like Griff said in his draft vid, "The Titans wanted to know if I was interested in playing corner, I told them Id go wherever they wanted me to be as long as I could help the team win"

While the article doesnt neccessairly pertain to this situation and occurence only, as it looks back overall at the training camp position usage, the idea was finally brought upon by this occurence, but if people dont actually see the plan that Tennessee layed out in advance to cover for PacMan not being able to play, they may have come to this assumption

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if pacman doesnt come back griffin stays at corner and we find a new FS.

7. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

very good article. and for the record i didnt like lamont to begin with, but i went to the bilsl game last friday and his dread locks are so long to the point where i literally laughed out loud when i saw him, so that only added to my dislike towards him

8. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

His dreads have become comical at this point. I'm convinced that he had a bet with someone on who could go the longest without getting a haircut. I'd say he's winning, he's probably going on something like four years.

9. Are they at his buttox yet?

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah Griff would be great at FS with Finny and Harper as our CB's.

I have wanted them to play Griff at FS since the day we drafted him. He has turned out to be a dang good CB in a short time...which just goes to show how good he will be in a year or 2.

I want Griff to play FS and be a stud there for 10-12 years but think about it....Harper is what 31-32 or something he has maybe 1 if he's lucky 2 solid years left. That means Griff will be our Starter if not this year most likely next year with Griff on the other side.

If we put Griff at FS yes our Safties are shored up for many years to come. But with the uncertainty around Pac we don't know if he's coming back or not. That leaves a huge hole at CB opposite Finny. Harper is old and not getting any better and Herndon is in the same boat. King is a nickle back at best and and Smith is a most likely a PS guy and nickle back guy and depth. Hill is borderline starter at best until he learns to play the ball.

So if Griff is doing well now after about 3 weeks imagine him in a year or 2 he could be a stud along with Finny who has a knack for making plays and being aggressive that gives us 2 darn good CB's and then we hope Lowry steps up and does well at FS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar