Kudos to Bruce Matthews for kind deed...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I was one of the guys saying he should be fired... but I'll hold off on that for now. It seems he's been making adjustments and improvements as the season progresses.

But after the first few weeks, I absolutely wanted him gone. He coached two years with the Texans... they were 30th in rushing his first year. They jumped from 30th to 7th in 2010. But as soon as he left, their entire offense got better as a whole and they had the best rushing attack in the league (minus booby Tebow's Broncos). Then he joins us and we go from a top rushing team to 31st (and the Texans get better)... with a similar start this season.

It's obvious he's had some issues with his blocking schemes and run blocking.

His job should not be safe... evaluate him at the end of the season.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Oh yea evaluate, but I thought it was pretty well known that outside of the T position he has not had much to work with.

And by not much to work with I mean Amano and Harris.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We should constantly be evaluating our players and coaches. Thats how you keep them from getting complacent.

4. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

you forgot Valesco

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Yes, Emano, Harris, and Velasco have been utter garbage. Velasco may be finding himself somewhat as a player now though. He's been average lately. If the line can keep up the levelofplay they've shown over the last 4 weeks, I'm cool with Mathews. We need to upgrade the talent on the O-Line next offseason though. No more BS'n! Awesome of Bruce to give the kid the ball btw!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar