Koren Robinson arrested for DUI

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nendzone, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

Sad.

The Pioneer Press reports Vikings starting WR Koren Robinson was arrested late Tuesday night on his way back to training camp in Mankato, Minn., on suspicion of drunken driving, according to a St. Peter, Minn., police official. Sgt. Loren Jansen of the St. Peter Police Department said Robinson was arrested at 10:46 p.m., for "driving while impaired" and is being held at Nicollet County Jail in St. Peter. Jansen said multiple charges are pending, and a report has not been filed yet. "I won't be able to tell you a lot, other than that he was arrested for driving while impaired," Jansen said, "and he is incarcerated at this time." Vikings officials and Robinson's agent, Alvin Keels, could not be reached for comment early this morning. A Mankato police official confirmed that they assisted the St. Peter police department in making the arrest. Jansen said county attorney Mike Riley would handle the formal complaint this morning. Vikings players were expected to report back to the players' dorm at Minnesota State Mankato by 11 p.m. They had been given Tuesday off after a 16-13 exhibition loss to Oakland Monday night at the Metrodome. Robinson, 26, is in his second season with the Vikings, and he faces a potential yearlong suspension from the NFL because of past substance abuse issues. The ninth overall pick in the 2001 NFL draft by the Seattle Seahawks, Robinson was released by the club in June 2005 after he was charged with driving under the influence and reckless driving the previous month. He also had been suspended four games in 2004 for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Only hours after ripping Starkiller for burning a 10th round pick in our draft on Suggs, I get whats coming to me. I spent an 11th rounder on Koren. D'oh.

That really is disspaointing. It seemed like he had got it back together. Theisman and co were complimenting him big time on the MNF coverage.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

wasn't someone complaining the other day about the NFL not punishing guys with dui cases...??? This guy has multiples (DUI) and this sums it up...

he faces a potential yearlong suspension from the NFL because of past substance abuse issues. The ninth overall pick in the 2001 NFL draft by the Seattle Seahawks, Robinson was released by the club in June 2005 after he was charged with driving under the influence and reckless driving the previous month. He also had been suspended four games in 2004 for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

I think a year long suspension is a very big deal not to mention a potential career killer. I think it may be in order with this one here... seems he has some real issues. I still am opposed to the idea that a player should be cut from the team for having a single DUI. That sort of thing happens. Maybe if one pulled a Mel Gibson... that would just be an embarrassment.

5. Karma, baby, karma...

6. You didn't hear the part of the story starting with him asking the arresting officer if he was a Seahawks fan? :ha:

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

What is up with Seattle and drunk WRs? (I realize he is on the Vik's now)

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

They also mentioned how Minnesota was going to use him as more than just a returner this season. He was also going to be used as a receiver.

What a fool.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Fool? Sounds like he has a real disease goin' on here. When something becomes an addiction, you gotta feel sorry for him. I hope he gets his life back in order, because his career is probably finished if he's suspended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar