Knoz or Barron make the most sense if you balance need with strength of draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Konz isn't worth the pick, even as bad as our current Center is.

We can upgrade Amano by picking a 3rd, 4th, or 5th round Center.

Barron is worth the pick because we know neither of our current Safeties are long term players, and Barron could become a top 5 Safety.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm talking about Knoz.

3. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

This this this, x1000 this.

4. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

If Barron is there and DeCastro is not thats the way I would go. I wouldnt touch Konz. I lost interest after reading several of these:

04/09/2012 - 2012 NFL COMBINE MEDICAL RECHECK: C Peter Konz, Wisconsin (6-5, 314): Injuries have been an issue for the talented Wisconsin center, who suffered a blood clot in both lungs in 2009, a sprained ankle in 2010 and a dislocated ankle that forced him to miss the final few games of 2011. Konz was also forced to sit out at the combine and has yet to work out for pro teams, continuing his rehab on that ankle. He still expects to work out sometime in April, but durability is a bright red flag for Konz. - Frank Cooney, NFLDraftScout.com

Durability is a big concern for me personally. It doesnt matter how good a player is if he doesnt play.

I go this direction:

David DeCastro
    Mark Barron
    Quinton Coples
    Cordy Glenn
    Whitney Mercilus
    Kendall Wright - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1632385/kendall-wright
    Dre Kirkpatrick

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He's just trying to make a point that there is more depth at other positions so we should draft Konz or Barron since there isn't a whole lot after them.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If Barron is there he is the pick. BPA and fills one of our bigger needs, great pick.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I know it just seem a little silly to start his argument with that, I would much rather draft offensive lineman later. If Barron is available take him, I would much do whoever is BPA at 20.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

No way Barron is there at 20. And I can't imagine the FO has Konz ranked as a top 20 talent. Taking Konz at that spot would be a big reach. I'm confident Webster isn't dumb enough to use a first round pick on need instead of BPA.

Unless we trade up (Barron) or down (Konz) in the first, I can't see any scenario where either of these guys will be a Titan.

9. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

You have to draft based on need somewhat. The key is not to reach. The fact is if we go pass rusher over someone like DeCastro or Barron @ 20 then were reaching vs. taking value at still, a position of need although it may be slightly less of a need. Everyone would agree I think, that if Kalil was available, we pass.

The Patriots and Packers draft that way because they dont have too many needs and they can afford to use that technique. I think youll see the Patriots look for a DB early this year.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Konz is the safest pick IMO. Unless we can find another center in the later rounds I am fine with taking Konz in the first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar