"Know what I mean...."

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 7, 2014.

?
  1. I think he does well

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  2. I think he'll suck

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. I think IDK WTF to think anymore, just make it stop

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
  4. I think he'll be ok but nothing special

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

SS Daimion Stafford is now expected to fill in for the injured Bernard Pollard. Interview here.

Stafford is no slouch, at 6'1" 215lbs Stafford packs a punch. This kid also moves around the defense well, and will knock your lights out.

[​IMG]

So far this year the only place you've seen Stafford is on special teams but he has looked solid while out there. Youth has been a killer in our defensive backfield this year, but if you take Bernard Pollards size and give it to a guy with a little more agility you get Stafford, and after finding himself trailing multiple receivers on big plays, thats what we need, a faster Pollard out there.

Im cautiously optimistic this change on defense will help us. We saw Brandon Harris come in for Blidi Wreh-Wilson and it looked like that little extra burst Harris has helped keep him from being targeted the way BWW has been. That same extra bust Staford has could be a difference maker. Ive seen Pollard a step behind a lot of WR's this year, if he had Staffords speed we may not be a 1-4 team. Im just saying....

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Stafford is ok....Pollard is better in coverage and that's saying something. On a side note, Griffin looked good last week.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I am interested to see. His lack of speed scares me. I had labled him as the next Donnie Nicky -- purely a special teams guy. Who knows, maybe he can be the next Blaine Bishop -- who was an 8th round pick.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Hope for the best, but you are reaching when you suggest a SS would have kept us from being 1-4.

• Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  5. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

All I can say is that "I HOPE" he does well. On paper it looks like he has a shot to be decent but lately every time I get my hopes up about a player they end up being a big disappointment. I'll keep my fingers crossed though!

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Hope for the best -- expect the worst

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Can he throw? :gaah:

I believe it can't get anyworse in our DB backfield.....we made Hoyer look like Montana. I hope he brings some needed spark to this defense....

8. JCBRAVE

Pollard is not that great in coverage TBH, all preseason I watched Stafford jump off the tape flying all around. Anytime you heard helmets clashing and pads thumping there was a high chance it was Stafford making the noise.

Like I said in my first post above, this move has me a little excited to see us play this week. Stafford could be our long term solution at SS.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

Oh yea total reach, I was just trying to point out how Pollard is more times than not, behind the receiver and not in the mix to battle for the ball. Stafford plays with a pep to his step, and on several 3rd downs that were converted on us, maybe a guy a little quicker would have kept them from making the play Pollard couldn't get there for.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

My expectations are VERY low. Odds are he'll be a downgrade. That said, I'm all for him filling in. Hell, even if Pollard were healthy I'd be fore Stafford starting. Season is over. We might as well see what all our young guys have so we'll know what positions we're good at and which ones we still need to target in the offseason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar