Klug adjusts to new position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

MLB in a 34 at 260 would be fitting. He would be mainly the rush guy.

2. Clark

The difference is he is Best suited to rush the passer. DE for him is an odd look/frame. I'm not sure he has the first step to be extremely productive, but he does have the hand fighting that will help.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't think anyone ever thought he was too big to play MLB, its just not very likely you would take the typically least athletic position on defense and ask them to play a position that requires you to go back in coverage.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Playing LB is all about shedding blockers (something Klug excels at)

And why can't a MLB blitz?

5. Clark

Yea. It's not just a random jump to MLB. The good LBs know how to read the offensive line as well as the qb at the same time. That's not something a DT convert is going to magically get right off the bat.

6. Clark

I'm not saying he can't. I said he would be a one trick pony thus the 34 look is much better suited for him. He would nearly never have to man cover and could just drop back a bit in coverage and play zone. Though, I figure he would get targeted often.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I think it was more like

[​IMG]

Similar to TE with Brandon Weeden ;)

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I had to bump this back up.

Does he even play these days? I guess his rookie year will be his best year.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Didn't he bring some serious pressure last night?

I was just about to make a comment last night when they brought out the rush package. He looks good from what I thought.

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

He looks better at releasing off the snap, but he is just like Wimbley (KW looked decent at times last night) in that he tends to get pushed around too easily.

I'll be rooting for the guy, but I just don't see the growth in him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar