Kiper's 1st mock has Titans taking Boston College OLB Harold Landry at 25

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

In JRs 2 drafts the one common theme is production over time. Conk, Davis and Jackson all 2-3 year studs. No chance we take a 1 hit wonder at 25

Even our later picks have long term success. This is lazy work by the media

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Agreed. Except Dodd. But we won't go there.

3. JCBRAVE

Even more reason not to take guys with less than 2 years of solid production

The one guy that doesn't fit the pattern has been our worst player

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think he's on the list of players we COULD take but unless he has excuses for not going all out every play this season and unless he wows at the combine, I don't see how we won't have better options.

I will be interested to see if we look for value at 25 or if we move up to get a certain player (or one guy out of a small group of players they want).

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Whoever was the one saying we need pressure up the middle right in the QBs face is 100% correct. That helps EVERYTHING else on the defense. When fat Al was dominating in 2008, he made even Michael Griffin look good.

That being said, my first draft crush is Vita Vea. Listed at 6'5, 350 pounds I saw a lot of his games this year and he was a force in every one. He gets great push and got double teamed a lot and still made plays. Watch this video at the 2:05 mark, he just looks like a man playing against boys. By the looks of how strong he is he's probably going to dominate the combine in the bench press. I doubt he makes it to 25 but if he does, J-Rob needs to turn the card in with VV's name on it so fast he gets a paper cut.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

25 is a little early to go NT IMO but any chance this kid is there in the 2nd?

where do mocks have him going?

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I don't watch much CF but here's a good article on Landry FWIW

Sack-Religious

8. Delco78

Delco78 Starter

He is definitely going in the first..most mocks I've seen have him going to chargers..I think he will gain steam and be a top 15 pick..I would absolutely love to get him if he is available.it would open things up for Casey and allow the corners to not have to cover as long

#48 Delco78, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  9. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

He is mine as well. Unfortunately though, it seems he is shooting up. Unless we trade down, I doubt he'll be available.

I like Landry though too, and I think he's definitely in play for the Titans, just probably not at 25. Everywhere I've seen practically has him dropping down to as low as third and perhaps even more if he doesn't wow at the combine. I could see us snatching him up in day 2, and I think he'd be as good of a day 2 pass rushing option as you're going to find in a draft.

Plugging in Vea, signing Ansah and putting him next with Casey, and getting Landry to be an heir to Orakpo or Morgan would completely revamp our pass rush, and be about as great of an offseason as I could ask for. Especially if they can go out there and get a new ILB and SS as well.

10. Titansfan12

Titansfan12 Starter

Landry had a really good combine. 4.64 40 and benched 24 reps. He also looked great in the drills catching the ball and showed good coverage ability. Might not be available at 25 anymore, but if he is I think today showed he'd be a good pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar