Kiper states Titans in danger of being league worst

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Riverman, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Too many questions left unanswered to make any predictions right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I agree with the OP, but what I don't want to see is us putting ourselves in a position like Carolina is in right now, they drafted Clausen in the 2nd and would of took Luck with the first pick if he had declared.

How Sh$^%y would the Titans feel if they took a QB at 8, went on to have the worst season and end up with the #1 pick next year when Luck is right there?

Honestly I'm not sure how I would compare Luck to this drafts prospects but his hype seems to put him over all of them.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

This Titans can't allow themselves to think about Andrew Luck when making any decisions in this draft. That would be a huge mistake.

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

We have 3 QBs, so-to-speak. Collins (free agent), VY (still ours) and Rusty Smith. I think, HOPE, the Titans have Plan A and Plan B. I don't think they plan to say anything until after the draft.
    With Collins or VY, we will win games this year. With Rusty or a draft pick, we're going to suck.
    I don't see any of this years top QBs ready to step in and play professional football against the likes of Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Indy x 2, Jags x 2, Houston x 2, Atlanta and New Orleans. It won't happen.
    And that's just the QB situation. Add it all together and we can not afford to go into this season without a GOOD QB.

5. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

can't wait until the draft is over so kiper can crawl back in his cave for another year.

6. 24

24 Starter

We can deny it all we want, but there's some truth to it.

1. No QB.
    2. New scheme, and no contact is allowed.
    3. Declining OL play.
    4. Our best WR just got arrested.
    5. We will probably lose our most productive DE.
    6. Undersized DL.
    7. Undersized LB.
    8. Hope is definitely on the decline.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Why is this in the draft section?

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

mel Kiper is a weatherman, without the weather.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

And without the man.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree in substance with some of what Riverman is saying. I'm fine with not drafting a QB at all this year. We get whatever vet available and let him and Rusty battle it out. That's not likely to make a strong 2011 team. But we need several pieces and if we can get 2 new quality long-term starters for the defense in rounds 1 and 2 I think that's better in the long-run.

And everyone wants to bring up Luck if we wait, but maybe our future star QB will come from next year's free agency? Or at least a different stop-gap.

I disagree with Mel, I don't think we'll be in the running for the #1 overall pick. I don't think we'll be very good, but not that abysmal. It all depends on how we use CJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar