King Henry offered to teams @ the combine

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 8Bruce8, Mar 6, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Probably need to wait four yeas, but I agree

2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

"CBS' Jonathan Jones reports the Titans are not shopping Derrick Henry."

What "shopping" actually means is probably the difference between this report and Mike Silver's report that the Titans are trying to move the star running back. "I had been told general manager Ran Carthon would be 'methodical' in his approach to free agency and changes to the team," Jones wrote. It seems more likely that the Titans were simply seeing if anyone would radically overpay for Henry than shopping him, but that won't stop the speculation.

Per Roto

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I also realize not many people remember Toll Booth Willy anymore.

A Dollar twenty-five.

4. Carp

Carp Starter

Way to cherry pick. 4 of those TDs came in one game against a bad Houston team.

We were 8-4 and staring at a 3-4 seed going into week 13. In the last 5 games of the season we went 4-1. Over that period, Tanne had 7 TDs and 192 passing yards per game. Efficient, but mediocre in every way. Meanwhile, the defense gave up an average of 12.8 points per game over that 5 game span. The defense is what put gave us the 1 seed.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Aren't you cherry picking now? I mentioned the last 3 games, and now we are at 5 games. Yes, the defense played very good. To say our QB had nothing to do with those wins is asinine. D played like chit against that very bad team in Houston last game didn't they? How'd that chit team score 25 points with the #1 seed on the line? The argument for so long from those that think like me, is that Tammy is indeed good enough to win it all. I also like having a very good Defense, which I do believe is more important than the QB. Having said that, you would like to trade our best offensive weapon, and give up our QB at a great cost to the team, with the year after in mind, which actually would mean 3 years, while this team has proven to be competitive at the highest levels. Regardless, what you want isn't going to happen, so we are technically arguing over nothing. You do realize that we really don't ask Tammy to do too much. We are a ground and pound style offense. We do that very well. His job is not to turn the ball over. He does that, and we sit pretty real good next year with a revamped OL.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Carp

Carp Starter

5 games is more than 3 games, so how is that cherry picking? Want to go to 6 games? 8? I promise it doesn't look any better.

The Titans offense was bad each of the last 2 seasons. The one common theme over that time period is Ryan Tannehill.

And all indications are we will be moving on.

7. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

One common theme?

You've already forgotten the stellar RRPP playcalling of DUI Downing?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

He did torch the vaunted Georgia defense for 350 yds and 4 TDs... He didn't give up 42 points

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

That's what I was getting at..not that they would win the SB

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

The fact is, I stated that Tammy played great the final 3 games... Ryan Tannehill is a good QB, and he is certainly better at the moment than any rookie you want to waste a draft pick on this year. Want to bet some moolah Tammy is our Qb next year? My indications tell me you are absolutely incorrect. Now, next year, that's a different thing. 3,700, 21/14 isn't great at all. I'd like to see those numbers a bit better, especially in TD/INT. The yards really aren't that important with our style of play. Also have to remember that he lost a lot of key assets, and may have been the most sacked QB that season. I can't remember. We all knew it needed to be addressed, and it wasn't. Instead we wasted a 3rd on new QB with potential (they all seem to come with that), and didn't spend that pick on a position far more needed. He was sacked 47 times!!! You go right on ahead and dream of your new rookie QB that ain't coming, and I'll stay right here in the real world.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar